Mr. Write (2016) A Hallmark TV Movie

I set aside today, the 30th of April of the year 2018, to get my writing mojo back.  What did I do? I watched Siargao, did important stuff, then I had a movie marathon of three Hallmark love stories and this is the third and last one(Well, I watched the pilot episode of THE CURE too and did other important stuff in between).  I liked all three, but I think I love this the best.

Btw, all three movies that I watched today had substories/side stories, but I like the side story of Dori's best friend, Pamela, the best among the three.  I think it's safe for me to say that without meaning to, I saved the best for last.

Did I get my writing mojo back? All I can say is that it's on its way.  :-p


When the executives at Heartstrings Press wants to drop Michael Rothchild's (Corey Sevier) next romance book, junior editor, Dori Shephard (Charlotte Sullivan), argues her way into working as the lead editor. But Dori's dream job becomes her nightmare as she realizes Michael isn't everything she imagined. Dori breaks the news to Michael that the executives think he's an ill-mannered, washed up novelist and want to terminate his contract. Not wanting to be dropped from Heartstrings Press, Michael agrees to work with Dori for 30 days. While Dori wrestles with Michael's languorous behavior she's also in the midst of planning her wedding to her fiancé, Philip (Preston Vanderslice). However, things go awry for Dori when work becomes an obstacle in her relationship. Dori must learn what true love really means before it's too late. -imdb
Directed by Rick Bota
Written by Matt Marx

Disclaimer:  This is NOT a remake of Paul Reiser's 1994.

Yes, like any Hallmark or PixL flick, it is kind of predictable, but not so much.   

This movie has all the elements a lot could relate to: Writer's Block; Fantasy versus Reality; "Too good to be true"; a best friend is an important person in one's life and whatever that person is going through is also important for you; being in love with love and so much more, including getting the drive to write back and finding true love.

It was easy to watch and as a member of the female gender who prefers men, it was a bonus to see Corey Sevier smile and how Charlotte Sullivan's eyes lit up when...wait, I don't want to give super spoilers.

Anyways, I have one wish.  I hope these lead actors would have another project together...all four of them.  No, I'm not thinking of a sequel, but another movie with all four of them would be nice.

It's just wishful thinking, I know, but...

Thanks for your time.

Until my next blog entry.

Tata for now.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)