A Dash of Love (2017)/ Designer Pups (2015)

Google images

When an aspiring chef lands a dream job at her idol's restaurant, she befriends the handsome executive chef. After they are wrongly fired, the duo open their own eatery to prove their food is better.

Idea stealers are the worst and if you are one of them, you wouldn't be able to live with yourself.  Well, I know because one time in my life when I was given an impossible assignment to write about movies not yet shown in the Philippines, I just rehashed some words...well, that's not exactly idea stealing and not even plagiarising, but to me, it's the same thing.  I couldn't stomach it.   To be fair to my editor, he didn't tell me to do those things.  He wanted me to be innovative.  Maybe I could've rented some bootlegged DVDs or something, but hey, to me that's the same thing.  All my editor did was to challenge me, but I wasn't able to deliver.  Thankfully the editor allowed me to do a couple of book reviews instead.


In this blog entry I'm going to talk about two of those cases among gazillions.  Those two are A DASH OF LOVE(2017) and DESIGNER PUPS (2015).

In A Dash of Love, Celebrity Chef Holly Hanson, the protagonist's idol turned antagonist, is an idea stealer.  She's one of those who started off as a struggling cook, but when she ran out of ideas and then met the very talented self-taught chef named Nikki Turner(Jen Liley), she decided to be like a scheming serpent and a sly fox.

Thankfully, Nikki is well-loved by many and has piqued the interest of Holly's Executive Chef named Paul(Brendan Penny).
Gus: A lie runs only until it's taken by the truth.-Nikki's former boss
The long and short of it, Holly schemes backfired.  How?  Watch the movie to find out.  :-)
Please scroll down for my two cents worth on Designer Pups.

A DASH OF LOVE
From imdb:

Directed by 

Christie Will Wolf

Writing Credits  

Sandra Berg...(teleplay) &
Judith Berg...(teleplay)
Sib Ventress...(story)

Jen Lilley...Nikki Turner
Brendan Penny...Paul Dellucci
Peri Gilpin...Holly Hanson
Kandyse McClure...Angela
Frances Flanagan...Trish Dellucci
Eric Pollins...Marty Dellucci
Antonio Cayonne...Jerrod
Ben Wilkinson...Henry Seager (as Benjamin Wilkinson)
Kelly-Ruth Mercier...Beth
John Innes...Gus
Guy Christie...Food Critic
Frank Zotter...Manager #1
Lisa Kimberley...Assistant


👗🐕👗🐕👗🐕👗🐕👗🐕👗🐕


Story by Matt Holwick and Natasha Fravel (Both of them were in charge of the casting too)
Screenplay by Chris Tuazon and Fernando Barroso

Shakira as Stella with Katie B. as Stella's voice

Chico as Coco with Danielle Nicole as Coco's voice

Directed by Matt Holwick.  He is also the editor, by the way.  

If Holly Hanson's style was to keep her enemy...her rival...I mean, the threat to her career closer, the antagonist here, top designer named Michel, chose to terrorise the up and coming fashion designer named Stacy.  Because of an emergency, Stacy was not able to dress to impress.  Not only that, Michel insulted her and her designs.

When he realised that she's a threat, he decided to copy her designs and claimed them as his own.  Not only that, he also dognapped her pups, Stella and Coco.

This is too much for me to stomach in one day, but I'm just glad that both protagonists, Nikki and Stacy, were able exceed expectations after almost losing to people who did not even know the art of war.

Which one did I like better?  Well, I can't compare.  The first one is a love story between humans and both protagonists are chefs.  I'm a foodie, baker and cook, so can say I can relate to them in so many ways.

The other one deals with fur babies, and I'm a dog person.  It's about the fashion world.  Fashion is not my thing, but I do appreciate it.  It is not a romantic movie, but a love story just the same.  A passion for fashion, love for friends and family, which include Stella and Coco.  

So I think I could say that I like both of the stories b

Teagan Sirset...Stacy
Torrey Halverson...Michel
Natassia Halabi...Secretary Samantha
Mike Quirk...Dad
Maggie W....Mom
Garren Stitt...Caden
Melanie Johnson...Chloe
Eric Henry...Intern
Matthew Saylor...TV Host
Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Remotely Aristo...Judge #3-Fashion Show
Elizabeth Bergstone...Mrs.Greenwood
Mirela David...Judge #1-Fashion Show
Adriana Fravel...Crying Woman
Brandon Fravel...James St. James
Jennifer Renee Garcia...Extra





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)