Did I like the ending of SHERLOCK JR? (GMA 7 series, SPG)

Premise from Wikipedia: Jack and Irene are happily in love with each other. When Irene's motivation to expose the truth, she finds herself in trouble along with her friend, Lily. Jack and Irene's dog, Serena investigate to find the truth about what happened to Irene and Lily. (Just click Wikipedia to see the cast)

The series was impressive at first especially when Janine Gutierrez's role, Irene, was still alive, but I did not like the last few weeks.  I have nothing against Valeen Montenegro, but they killed Gabbi Garcia's role, Lily, making Jack seem like a widower twice, at a very young age.

I thought, and I thought wrong, that before THE CURE would start to air on Monday, they would show Jack solving other mysteries, but instead, he just proves that he had much reason to hate his biological father, a human trafficker, among other things, who even called his mother a mercenary who was only after his money in the guise of loving him.  

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Even Siri/Serena the Wonder Dog, lost her abilities(in real life, Serena is still very much a Wonder Dog---it's just that they sort of lessen her "powers", so to speak, in the series) to be like Lassie or Rin Tin Tin.  Well, she still was able to find Perla and was able to give Perla the pregnancy test "result"...something like that.  She also became slower.  Thankfully, on the last episode, she was very alert, but she almost died. Thankfully she didn't.  If she did, it would be so heartbreaking for Jack and the audience.  Anyways, even if it was victorious, mom wondered why during Audrey and Gregor's fight, Siri just watched.

Another thing she wondered was how fast Pido arrived from Metro Manila to Pampanga. Well, I said maybe they just shortened the length on TV, but in reality...  :-p


Notwithstanding everything negative I said above, I still like the series as a whole.  There are many endearing scenes, light moments and other beautiful stuff too.  It was also well acted.

Did I like the ending?  Well, it wasn't spectacular, but it was nice.  There were many exciting scenes and Siri did some heroic acts.  I did shed a tear or two.
Touching scenes during the last episode
From GMA 7

I have nothing more to say.

:-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)