The Dark Tower a.k.a. The Gunslinger (PG) 2017

The Gunslinger(Idris Elba) and The most powerful SHINE, Jake Chambers(Tom Taylor)

The movie is based on THE DARK TOWER books


(both images are from Google)

The last Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, has been locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim, also known as the Man in Black, determined to prevent him from toppling the Dark Tower, which holds the universe together. With the fate of the worlds at stake, good and evil will collide in the ultimate battle as only Roland can defend the Tower from the Man in Black.- imdb

Directed by
Nikolaj Arcel ... (directed by)

Writing Credits
Akiva Goldsman ... (screenplay) &
Jeff Pinkner ... (screenplay) and
Anders Thomas Jensen ... (screenplay) &
Nikolaj Arcel ... (screenplay)

Stephen King ... (based on "The Dark Tower" novels by)


I am NOT a Stephen King fan.  I don't read his books, but I was able to watch MISERY, THE RUNNING MAN, CHILDREN OF THE CORN, MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, FIRESTARTER, THE GREEN MILE and SLEEPWALKERS(not in chronological order), so I told myself that it is going to be alright if I watch The Dark Tower with my folks and I am glad I did.

Those who read it(the ones who were exiting the cinema behind us) were comparing it to The Dark Tower series books. I don't if they liked the books better or not(yahoo, I didn't eavesdrop), but they found THE CRIMSON KING interesting to talk about immediately.

The devil cannot really read minds, but "it" can put things inside minds.  Matthew McConaughey's acting was seamless.  I think playing a villain is good for him.

Idris Elba is plays any role like he was born to do it, so thank goodness, he did not disappoint here.

Tom Taylor is fantastic, for lack of a better term.  He joined the team last year, so he was around fifteen that time, but Jake Chambers is a bit younger.  He is supposed to be twelve.  Tom Taylor still looks twelve, at least in the movie, but he doesn't have long blond hair.

I won't make this long anymore.  All I can say is that we enjoyed this movie.  It may be better than the series or not, but it doesn't matter.  

Kudos to everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)