Woody Allen's Cafe Society (2016) PG-13


Looking for an exciting career, young Bobby Dorfman leaves New York for the glitz and glamour of 1930s Hollywood. After landing a job with his uncle, Bobby falls for Vonnie, a charming woman who happens to be his employer's mistress. Settling for friendship but ultimately heartbroken, Bobby returns to the Bronx and begins working in a nightclub. Everything falls into place when he finds romance with a beautiful socialite, until Vonnie walks back into his life and captures his heart once again.-WWW
Initial release11 May 2016 (Switzerland)

Starring:
Jeannie Berlin
Steve Carell
Jesse Eisenberg
Blake Lively
Parker Posey
Kristen Stewart
Corey Stoll
Ken Stott

CAFE SOCIETY meaning


Not all of the films written and directed by Woody Allen suits my taste, but this is one of those that got me interested ever since my dad watched it.  He was raving about it, so I got curious.  Every time dad raves about something, whether it's an alternative medicine clinic, a movie, a place, a restaurant or whatever else, I get curious.  It is not easy to please him, so if he praises something, I check it out.

Most of time I like or love what he recommends.  I think there are only three(3) movies he recommended that appalled me.

After my curiosity was fed, I was hooked.  I was able to watch bits and pieces until I finally was able to watch the whole thing on Satellite/Cable TV.

The acting and the story is good and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

Yes, it may not be the best film ever written, but it surely is worth one's time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)