These blog entries are MOSTLY just how I felt after watching the play, musical, concert or TV show, a product I like or things I have read. If I have not at least one good thing to say, then you wouldn't see anything written about it here. Oh, btw, I would seldom(not never) write about blockbusters even if I love them starting today(26 June 2019) just because. :-)
Also from Wikipedia: Becca (Nadine Lustre) thought that she had everything she could wish for in her life, until Nikko (James Reid) broke up with her. Everything in her life starts to fall apart. To recover, she started writing a story about Ryan (Inigo Pascual), a boy who harbors a secret crush on his best friend Maria (Julia Barretto). But before he can tell her his real feelings for her, he got into an accident and fell into a coma. Can all four of them find the "happy ending" that each one of them has been hoping for?
A realistic, but feel good movie that proves JaDine has what it takes to be serious actors and not just a "pa-cute" love team.
The two jell and their onscreen tandem is one of the most electrifying pairs there is.
The story written by Marcelo Santos III is perfect for them and in his story Nikko(James Reid) and Becca(Nadine Lustre) are REAL people and their fictitious counterparts are Ryan(Iñigo Pascual) and Maria(Julia Barretto) who both did great too. Both Pascual and Barretto are progenies of very good artists, if not great, but both have proven that they are more than their parents' children.
You also cannot discount the acting abilities of Jourdanne Castillo, Paul Jake Castillo, Shy Carlos, Issa Pressman, AJ Muhlach, Lander Vera Perez, Teresa Loyzaga, Jackielou Blanco and Cherie Gil, among others, gave the main characters great acting support. Their team effort(including the main characters) helped Andoy Ranay and his crew make Marcelo Santos III's story into a beautiful movie.
Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone is given other chances to make up for them, and this is what the story is all about...or should I say stories? ;-)
Para sa Hopeless Romantic is indeed for the Hopeless Romantic, but it is also for the cynical.
From Pep.ph Sigh. I have separation anxiety #sepanx with this series that I have grown to love. It had its off days, but MOST of the time, the scenes are exciting, putting me to the edge of my seat, giving me cheap thrills, or making me laugh. There are times when I get traumatized by a scene or two, that I have to play the piano first before doing my research or anything else...or for me to have happy thoughts before sleeping. That's how effective the script and execution are. Or else, why should it be so real to me when I know that it is only a work of fiction? It's not really advisable for people who have PTSD to watch this, according to my friends who tried watching this, but couldn't because it was so convincing that they had to undergo cleansing rituals so-to-speak before becoming OK. If the very supposedly harmless COCOON could do that to people with mental health issues, then I guess something like this that is so...
source Elzar "Dodjie" Simon is not really a stranger to me. He was my brother's boss in ATI, and he was one of the many invited guests who was able to celebrate with us during my brother and sister-in-law's wedding in 1998. My brother only has praises for him. I was excited to meet him again last 14 July 2016, but it coincided with CURTAINS UP , so I just joined my family in Spirit. A.I. HACKED The book has been receiving rave reviews ever since it was launched so when I saw on the author's FB page that he was having a book signing event at Fully Booked's The Studio at 11th Street, BGC, I was psyched. A few days after I learned about it my brother announced that we were going, and he has already ordered one paperback and one hardbound. I thought one was mine, but it turned out it was for my dad, but it's OK. My parents live with me, and my dad read books one-by-one, and now he is still reading my former Pastor(Richard Mirpuri)'s Glimp...
Introduction that you may skip: Learning about this movie made me pretty excited to watch it. It had a different concept, and I was prepared to cry a lot. I was told that for me not to shed tears in a movie, I should really be armed with lots of tissues. Dang. Even with all the preparations, I still cried. You see, my maternal grandmother was deaf, and she could only hear us with a hearing aid. Since I was little I was scared of being deaf, so I prepared for "it" with the hope by preparing I won't ever go deaf. I served in the Deaf Ministry for a couple of years, but when my mom and I started fighting because of the things she misinterpreted, I told myself I should stop serving because it would make me look like a hypocrite, even if I am not. I do miss them a lot, but I would rather serve in different ways. ISA PA WITH FEELINGS source Watching this with my partially deaf mother, and my dad, who is hard of hearing because of his med...
Comments
Post a Comment