The Double (2011)

Storyline by Variety Magazine from imdb:
Story kicks off with the mysterious murder of a senator bearing the marks of a Soviet assassin, who was long thought to be dead. To hunt down the killer, a retired CIA operative, who spent his career going toe-to-toe with his Soviet nemesis, is teamed with a young FBI agent. Written by Variety

Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, some disturbing images and language

Premise: A retired CIA operative is paired with a young FBI agent to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder, with all signs pointing to a Soviet assassin.

I watched this movie mainly because I like Topher Grace, Martin Sheen and Richard Gere.  For me, they are three of the best actors in Hollywood.

If you want morals and lessons, this movie is not a vehicle for those things.  If you want action, well, it has some.  

The story?

Good enough to be interesting, but not really spectacular.

The acting?

For me, they were all good.

Would I recommend it?

Yes.

Highly?

No.

The plot's old, but the ending was a bit unexpected.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)