Bridesmaids (2010 released 2011)

Written by: Annie Mumolo and Kristen Wiig

Awards: MTV Movie Award for Best WTF Moment, BFCA Critics' Choice Award for Best Comedy, MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance, People's Choice Award for Favorite Comedic Movie

Stars: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Chris O'Dowd, Rebel Wilson, Jill Clayburgh and Jon Hamm

The "things" that are important in this film:
True friendship, family and true love.


Motion Picture Rating (MPAA)

Rated R for some strong sexuality, and language throughout |
When this was first shown, I was not really interested.  I thought it was just a story about mishaps and it was probably shallow.  When I watched WALK OF SHAME just a while ago, people were comparing it with this movie saying it was better.  Still, it took me sometime before I could get myself to watch it.  Yesterday, when I needed some noise while typing, I got hold of my sister-in-law's DVD collection and found this. I told myself, "It's now or never!"

When it started with Annie (Kristen Wiig) and Ted (Jon Hamm) doing all those different "fun" positions, I was apprehensive to even go on, but I did.

Annie claimed that their no strings attached relationship which they called hanging out(I wonder if this was what the object of my friend's affection meant when he told her, "We should hang out!") was ideal, and that they were just having fun.  Still, when she was alone, she felt more depressed than ever. 

That's the harsh reality.  No matter how women claim that they can do it like men, it is not so.  

Thank goodness that she had Lillian as a best friend to keep her sane.


Storyline from imdb:

Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love. Written by Anonymous
Premise:  Competition between the maid of honor and a bridesmaid, over who is the bride's best friend, threatens to upend the life of an out-of-work pastry chef.-imdb
There were many things that happened in the movie that were predictable, but there were also a lot of scenes that I didn't expect to happen.  As the story went on, I realized that even if this was a comedy of errors kind of movie, it definitely was not shallow.  The scenes had integration, et cetera, et cetera. There's surely a reason why a lot of award giving bodies, including The ACADEMY AWARDS( The Oscars), noticed it.

A story for kids, this is NOT, but it surely pulls the heartstrings, but gives you a light and giddy feeling after.

Unlike WALK OF SHAME, I may watch this again soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)