No Reservations (Movie 2007)

No Reservations Movie Poster
The Taste of Life ;-)

When I was much younger I wanted to be a chef, but with my temperament, I don't think I would last inside an industrial, a hotel or a restaurant kitchen.  The cooks would probably throw rotten tomatoes at me or spoiled food.  I also realized, that even if I had training in baking and culinary arts, I couldn't repeat a recipe.  Maybe I could produce something similar that sometimes is better, but sometimes is worse. Haha!

While I was watching this, I imagined myself as Kate(Zeta-Jones), God forbid,  something happens to rest of my family and I'm left with my nephew, I guess my case would be different.  Wait, I don't even want to think about it so why am I verbalizing it?

I also missed our mini-restaurant sorta kinda chain.  Sigh.  OK, I won't talk about it.  It just hurts too much.  I'm just happy I met a lot of people through that business of ours.

Aaron Eckhart is so charismatic here.  I'm a tad relieved that he, meaning Nick Palmer, did not turn out to be Zoe's dad, just like those Harlequin romances sold at the bookstores. 

Zoe is played by the very talented Abigail Breslin.  She's now an eighteen year old beautiful and voluptuous young lady, but she played the role of a nine year old kid when she was eleven.  She(Breslin) is really a charmer.  

There are many movies with the same premise and theme, but we can overlook that.  The great rapport of the three lead actors could be felt on screen and they are all not bad to look at.

I also like the fact that the neighbor who obviously has a big crush on Kate didn't turn out to be creepy and me oh my!  My love for tiramisu went up five notches. ;-) (My excuse...it's more coffee than sugar...hahaha!)



 
Storyline from imdb:
A master chef, Kate, lives her life like she runs the kitchen at upscale 22 Bleecker Restaurant in Manhattan--with a no-nonsense intensity that both captivates and intimidates everyone around her. With breathtaking precision, she powers through each hectic shift, coordinating hundreds of meals, preparing delicate sauces, seasoning and simmering each dish to absolute perfection. Written by AhmadMob
Movie Smackdown Review
No Reservations Script-Dialogue Transcript

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)