How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) #httyd2

pinoy top sites




I can't wait for #httyd3, but it would never be the same without the voice of Gerard Butler(spoiler). It could still work.  Probably there would be dream sequences or something, but...or Hiccup could be older and he would be needing GB's voice. Oh, I don't know.  Maybe GB got tired or something.  I guess I have to do my job. Gerard Butler will be in How to Train Your Dragon 3.  He must be included or else... sigh.  

Everyone in the cinema enjoyed this, but again, I must say, this is not for GENERAL Patronage.  It's a good thing that children don't really go alone inside the cinema, but to rate it G just to get more people to watch it is silly.

The MPAA rating is PG.  Reasons: Mild rude humor, action adventure/violence.

I must say that I like How to Train Your Dragon much, much better, but I can't say I didn't like this. As I mentioned earlier, everyone (at least in the cinema we were in) enjoyed this...and of course, that includes me.

Still, I must exclaim, "Oh come on!  Alpha dragons controlling Toothless so that kids would learn about Viking Funerals!?! Too much violence and manipulation!"

For me, there were certain scenes reminiscent of the movie version of Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief.  Percy lost his mother and his reaction was a bit too...STOIC. 

Oh well.

I must say that I liked the artwork/graphics/special effects/music, but there were elements that were too...

Let's not go there.

What's important to me is that I made my seven-year-old nephew happy.  He couldn't stop talking about it and that for me is PRICELESS.  




Oh, I like the new character called Eret son of Eret.  Kit Harington of GAME OF THRONES fame's voice gives him life.  I learned that a long line of young ladies are thrilled.  Hmmm, maybe Gerard Butler missing in the 3rd installment won't be so bad. 








Cast:
Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Cate Blanchett, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Djimon Hounsou, Kit Harington
Director:
Dean DeBlois
Writers:
Dean DeBlois, based on the book series by Cressida Cowell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)