Now You See Me (2013)

The four horsemen (Isla Fisher, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco)

My brother told me this when we were watching INDEPENDENCE DAY for the nth time, "Goofs? What goofs? It's only a movie."

With that in mind I would not dare mention the goofs of this film. The scenes are simply wonderful and the story and treatment are almost perfect.  The car chases are exciting and so are the magic tricks and illusions.  I know that a lot of people were kind of expecting more, so they just got disappointed. Yet, there were also those who did not expect anything, but just relaxed and enjoyed every minute of the film.

When I watched this for the first time, I didn't see it coming.  I just kind of guessed it when Dylan and Thaddeus were talking at a place Thaddeus did not imagine he was going to be.

There were hints, I believe, but...

I have seen this film I think about four(4) times, more or less and for one reason or another, it's not the illusions that enthralled me, but the love, or at the very least, the chemistry, that Dylan Rhodes(Mark Ruffalo) and Alma Dray(Melanie Laurent) have.

Ah.

There goes the cheesy me again.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were of course spectacular; Isla Fisher was cute;  Jesse Eisenberg and Dave Franco were wonderful; and Woody Harrelson was a natural as an annoying mentalist, but here I am raving about Mark Ruffalo and Melanie Laurent's chemistry.  They look so good on screen.  I know, I know, a lot of people think otherwise.

That's just me.

Oh, I can't wait for the sequel. 

If you want reviews, here are some links:


One of my favorite scenes 
Melanie Laurent and Mark Ruffalo



  1. Now You See Me is a 2013 American caper thriller film directed by Louis Leterrier. The film stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Mélanie Laurent, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Michael Kelly, Common, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. Wikipedia
  2. Initial releaseMay 21, 2013 (New York City)
  3. Running time125 minutes
  4. Initial DVD releaseSeptember 3, 2013 (USA)
  5. Screenplay byEd Solomon
    Boaz Yakin
    Edward Ricourt
    Story byBoaz Yakin
    Edward Ricourt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)