Seven Sundays(2017) PG


We were going to hit several birds with one stone(I hate the saying hitting two birds with one stone and now I say several) and one of those birds was watching this movie: SEVEN SUNDAYS.

The stars were well chosen and the director, Ms. Cathy Garcia-Molina, never fails to deliver.

It had old and new elements, but the story was well told and greatly acted.  

OK, I didn't like the racist remarks towards the end of the film, but we have to be open minded about this.  This was a very arrogant person trying to diss their family and they were just united as a family.

I think the message of the movie is that no matter what differences we all have as a family, at the end of the day, "Damay na!"

My folks loved it.  They did not expect to like it and they said it even exceeded their expectations. Many heartstrings were pulled, but spirits were lifted too.  

I won't make this long anymore.  Congratulations to the cast and crew!

#familymovie
#worldclass
#greatensemble
#greatdirector

posted on 16 October 2017 (we watched it last Wednesday, 11 October 2017 at SM Aura Premier)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)