Stolen (2012)


  1. Stolen, formerly known as Medallion, is a 2012 American action thriller film starring Nicolas Cage, Danny Huston, Malin Åkerman, M.C. Gainey, Sami Gayle, Mark Valley and Josh Lucas. Wikipedia

  1. Stolen, Reviews
    2012 Film
    1. 5.5/10
      IMDb-30,333 votes
    2. 16%
      Rotten Tomatoes-19 reviews
    3. 43%
      Metacritic-4 reviews
    4. 2.5/5
Three of my crushes in one film was enough to watch this, but I was out of town(all over the country...almost) when this was shown in the theaters.   You can imagine how shocked I was when I learned that this movie flopped.  Why? Why? Why? When I got the chance to watch this, I tried to understand, but couldn't.  Maybe I'm just biased, because like what I said before, three of my crushes are in this movie: Nicolas Cage, Josh Lucas and Mark Valley. Sigh...

When I watched this for the first time, I did not find anything wrong with it, so it was still a mystery to me why it flopped.  I watched it a couple of more times and maybe, just maybe(but hey, this is not a "chick" flick) it was because in the latter part, Josh Lucas did not look so handsome and story is a bit old.  I guess the time it was shown, the audience was sick and tired of that genre and that story. It did have some new elements, but I guess it was not enough for the viewing public.  


Here are some data from Wikipedia : 
The film received poor reviews among critics on Rotten Tomatoes, with a score of 16% "Rotten" based on nineteen reviews. Stolen was a box office bomb in the United States, receiving little publicity and grossing just $183,125 across 141 screens on its opening weekend. The film was pulled from theaters after two weeks, making a total of $304,318. According to Box Office Mojo, Stolen grossed over $2,106,557 worldwide; however, The Numbers website claims it grossed $13,887,877.

Click the links if you want to know what the critics and the audience think.  When the rose colored lenses were taken off my eyes, I think I started agreeing with most (not all) of what they have written.  


  1. Stolen, Reviews
    2012 Film
    1. 5.5/10
      IMDb-30,333 votes
    2. 16%
      Rotten Tomatoes-19 reviews
    3. 43%
      Metacritic-4 reviews
    4. 2.5/5




Josh Lucas as Vincent
Nicolas Cage as Will Montgomery
Mark Valley as Fletcher


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)