Stolen (2012)


  1. Stolen, formerly known as Medallion, is a 2012 American action thriller film starring Nicolas Cage, Danny Huston, Malin Åkerman, M.C. Gainey, Sami Gayle, Mark Valley and Josh Lucas. Wikipedia

  1. Stolen, Reviews
    2012 Film
    1. 5.5/10
      IMDb-30,333 votes
    2. 16%
      Rotten Tomatoes-19 reviews
    3. 43%
      Metacritic-4 reviews
    4. 2.5/5
Three of my crushes in one film was enough to watch this, but I was out of town(all over the country...almost) when this was shown in the theaters.   You can imagine how shocked I was when I learned that this movie flopped.  Why? Why? Why? When I got the chance to watch this, I tried to understand, but couldn't.  Maybe I'm just biased, because like what I said before, three of my crushes are in this movie: Nicolas Cage, Josh Lucas and Mark Valley. Sigh...

When I watched this for the first time, I did not find anything wrong with it, so it was still a mystery to me why it flopped.  I watched it a couple of more times and maybe, just maybe(but hey, this is not a "chick" flick) it was because in the latter part, Josh Lucas did not look so handsome and story is a bit old.  I guess the time it was shown, the audience was sick and tired of that genre and that story. It did have some new elements, but I guess it was not enough for the viewing public.  


Here are some data from Wikipedia : 
The film received poor reviews among critics on Rotten Tomatoes, with a score of 16% "Rotten" based on nineteen reviews. Stolen was a box office bomb in the United States, receiving little publicity and grossing just $183,125 across 141 screens on its opening weekend. The film was pulled from theaters after two weeks, making a total of $304,318. According to Box Office Mojo, Stolen grossed over $2,106,557 worldwide; however, The Numbers website claims it grossed $13,887,877.

Click the links if you want to know what the critics and the audience think.  When the rose colored lenses were taken off my eyes, I think I started agreeing with most (not all) of what they have written.  


  1. Stolen, Reviews
    2012 Film
    1. 5.5/10
      IMDb-30,333 votes
    2. 16%
      Rotten Tomatoes-19 reviews
    3. 43%
      Metacritic-4 reviews
    4. 2.5/5




Josh Lucas as Vincent
Nicolas Cage as Will Montgomery
Mark Valley as Fletcher


Popular posts from this blog

The Giver (2014)

J.K .Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (a Harry Potter Prequel) First of a Trilogy

Sana Dati: A bittersweet story with a beautiful ending (Another thinkers' movie)