Never Talk Back To a Gangster Vol. 1 (Book 2 of the Talk Back trilogy) by Alesana Marie



If I thought that the TALK BALK trilogy is wholesome, after reading this, I changed my mind.  This is NOT wholesome at all, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless.  I would be lying if I said I didn't like this book.  I will definitely buy the rest of the set.

Jared and Audrey have bigger roles here plus I "met" some new ones.  I "hate" Riri.  She's bad. She's evil.  I still hope she has some redeeming factor. 

Shucks.  

Since I watched TALK BACK AND YOU'RE DEAD first, it was hard not to read it thinking of how the way James Reid(Top), Joseph Marco(Red), Nadine Lustre(Miracle/Sammy/Sam) et al delivered their lines.

I still couldn't picture who would portray Riri, Ami, Lucien, Nate, Angelo and Madison in the movie version of NEVER TALK BACK TO A GANGSTER.

Alesana Marie holds promise, but sometimes it's hard to imagine the rich kids talking the way they are talking in the book (good thing Keiko Aquino fixed that in #TBYDmovie), but I do like her style.  This book, for me, is a page turner.  No boring parts at all.

Volume 2 should be interesting.  I can't wait to read it. :-)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)