Six Days Seven Nights (1998)

(After Quinn whispers to Robin's ear his age) 

Robin Monroe: You still look good.

Quinn Harris: I still AM good. 

Sigh.



I don't even care if critics liked this or not.  I simply love this movie because it reminds me to keep my head above the water.  The love angle between Quinn and Robin gives me cheap thrills and the action scenes are also quite exciting and my favorite is their cliff jump.



When this movie was shown, if I am not mistaken, Anne Heche and Ellen Degeneres were still an item, but she made me believe that she preferred men here.  Eventually she did change her preference(she has gotten married to Coleman Laffoon, has a son named Homer and before their marriage was absolutely dissolved in 2009, she fell in love with James Tupper.  They now have a son named Atlas), but she sure was convincing as Robin here when she was still a lesbian.  Read Anne's Wikipedia page to understand her even just a bit.



What about Harrison Ford?  He made Quinn so desirable that probably made a lot of women want to be alone in an island with him.  He's really a versatile actor.  You can love or hate him.   He could be funny, stern or whatever.  That's how good he is.  Somehow I envy Calista Flockhart. ;-) 



...and David Schwimmer?   He played a stereotypical role, but he did alright.  Maybe he could have veered away from "Ross" or something, but he did not disappoint.  Maybe Ivan Reitman wanted him to act that way.  



I have lost track of how many times I've seen this film.  Maybe I won't watch it two consecutive days or something, but I would definitely watch this again.






Quinn Harris: You deserve someone... fresher. 

Robin Monroe: Isn't that up to me to decide? 

Quinn Harris: Let's be reasonable about this. You're not gonna come

 down here and be my co-pilot and I'm not gonna go to New York and be 

your receptionist. Let's not complicate things. 

Robin Monroe: Oh, I forgot, you like things simple. 

Quinn Harris: Yeah. 



http://asdfghjkhd.blogspot.com/2013/11/six-days-seven-nights-1998-dvdrip-700mb.html

Robin Monroe: You're here. 

Quinn Harris: I decided my life is too simple, I wanna complicate the hell out of it. 


Directed: Ivan Reitman

Produced: Ivan Reitman, Roger Birnbaum

Written by: Michael Browning

Starring: Harrison Ford, Anne Heche

  1. Music composed by: Randy Edelman

Cinematography: Michael Chapman

Studio: Touchstone Pictures, Caravan Pictures, Northern Lights Entertainment, Roger Birnbaum Productions
Distributed: Buena Vista Pictures
Release dates: June 12, 1998
Running time: 98 minutes
Country: United States
Language: English


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)