LUCY (2014) R-16




A woman is accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.
Initial release: July 25, 2014 (USA)
Written and Directed by: Luc Besson
Running time: 89 minutes
Music composed by: Éric Serra
Genres: Science Fiction, Adventure Film, Action Film

Scarlett Johansson played her part really well.  She made me believe that Lucy could exist(had existed) and the only reason that I could not like this idea fully is my belief in God.  

Let's set my beliefs aside and let's focus on the story alone. I am not an expert in math and science, so when I watched this with my best friend, I just treated it as a sci-fi flick and just thought to myself that it happened that way because she was the only female mule and she was kicked in the gut. The lethal drug after all is a synthetic version of something a woman produces when she is conceiving, to protect her fetus while it is still in her womb.  


I did not even over analyze(while watching) why Lucy chose such a loser as a boyfriend and couldn't say no to him because I know a lot of gorgeous and smart ladies who blindly fall for those types of guys.

There were also lots of outrageous scenes that would just make my mind be blown into pieces if I thought about them too much.  I love movies that make us think, but when there are too much improbabilities involved, including urban legends(Morgan Freeman's role as the gentle Professor Norman was convincing), that's where I draw the line.  

The scenes were pretty exciting and the way Scarlett and co-stars acted made the impossible possible and the improbable probable. 

The Asians, led by a respectable Korean actor named Choi Min Sik, even if they were playing the bad guys, showed power.  They had connections everywhere, that's why they did not need to transport artillery, they made do with what was there(again, this is not my expertise, but this is how I saw it) and gee, how they brought all those big weapons there, I couldn't care less. Urban legend or not, probably I was only using 10% of my brain. LOL.

The special effects were great and the concept is rarely used in blockbuster hits.

It is not a perfect film, but it is an enjoyable one, even with all the violence.

Good still triumphed over evil in the end.

How?

Watch the movie to find out.  It's still showing and that's why I am careful not to give spoilers.

Oh, I also hope Scarlett Johansson and Amr Waked would have another movie together because they have good onscreen chemistry. (LOL. Why am I so cheesy?)

It's not a guarantee that all of you would like this type of film, but how would you know if you would or not if you would not even watch it?




Official Trailer

International Trailer

Here's a bonus...the Parody Trailer

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)