How to Save a Marriage (and Ruin Your Life)- 1968


If there was such a thing as watching a movie by accident, then that's what happened.  I watched this by accident.  I was channel surfing and this movie was about to start.  The title sounded witty and so I had my eyes glued to the television screen.

I was pleased to find out that this movie starred Dean Martin, Stella Stevens, Eli Wallach and his wife since 1948 until his death THIS YEAR(2014), Anne Jackson.

Just read the plot below.  It's a well-written screenplay with a comedy of disasters, mistaken identities, women's lib, mistresses uniting, making honorable women out of themet cetera, et cetera. 

There are just some things you just cannot fix, but there are those that become better after mending. Yes, yes, sweeter the second time around.


Stella Stevens who was already a young mother to Andrew Stevens at that time, played her part well.  A sultry siren with dignity(what a combination).  Dean Martin played the part of a bachelor in his golden years(he was fifty-one at that time, but I thought he was older) who mistook someone to be the mistress of his good friend and eventually fell for her, convincingly well. 


Honestly, I still have a hang-over because of this movie.  Yes, yes.  I like it a lot.  It's not my favorite and it's definitely not the best film ever written, but it gives me a giddy feeling inside that I wouldn't mind watching it again and again.    



:-)


  
You can now watch this movie along with WHO WAS THAT LADY? on DVD

Plot from Wikipedia:



David Sloane is an attorney and a bachelor whose married pal Harry Hunter is having an affair. David decides to do something about it so Harry doesn't mess up his home life.



The scheme is to make a play for Harry's mistress himself. David meets and courts Harry's attractive employee, Carol Corman, determined to break up her fling with Harry once and for all.



Where his plan goes wrong is that David has the wrong woman. Harry's actual mistress is Carol's next-door neighbor, Muriel Laszlo. As soon as he learns (mistakenly) that she is seeing another man, Harry decides to give his marriage to Mary one more try.



Carol and Muriel come to realize what happened. They decide to team up, giving David and Harry a taste of their own medicine.



DIRECTOR


WRITER


MUSIC

Michel Legrand (FYI, he's one of my favorite composers) and The Ray Conniff Singers

ACTORS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)