Argo (2012)

Tony Mendez and Ben Affleck at the 16th Annual Hollywood Awards
Presented by the LA Times

"Exciting!" "Moving!" "Nail-biting!" 

Premise: Acting under the cover of a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a science fiction film, a CIA agent launches a dangerous operation to rescue six Americans in Tehran during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran in 1980.
Directed by Ben Affleck

Writing Credits (WGA):  
Chris Terrio ... (screenplay by)
Tony Mendez ... (based on a selection from "The Master of Disguise" by) (as Antonio J. Mendez) and
Joshuah Bearman ... (based on the Wired Magazine article "The Great Escape" by)


I lost several chances of watching this film because I was traveling in some parts of the country with friends and family.  Finally, last week, a couple of days before being totally under the weather(but was already starting to feel bad), I was able to watch this.

There was no dull moment and everyone was very convincing.  I felt like I was experiencing every moment with them and that everything else happened just right in front of me. 

Chris Terrio's screenplay was beautifully weaved and Ben Affleck internalized his character very well.  Even if Tony Mendez is shorter in real life, he made me, at the very least, believe that he is really Tony.

The last scenes were riveting, exciting and titillating.  I was actually at the edge of my seat(in truth, I almost fell off my bed) and even if I already knew about the Canadian Caper, I still felt very, very nervous.

Who cares if they got some things wrong and had some goofs?  The movie is spectacular!

Would I watch this again?

DEFINITELY!







Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)