The Mountain Between Us (2017) PG

Stranded on a mountain after a tragic plane crash, two strangers must work together to endure the extreme elements of the remote, snow-covered terrain. Realizing that help is not on the way, they embark on a perilous journey across hundreds of miles of wilderness, pushing each other to survive and discovering their inner strength.-WWW
GENRES
Drama
DIRECTED BY
Hany Abu-Assad
SCREENPLAY BY
Chris Weitz and J. Mills Goodloe
PRODUCED BY
Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, David Ready
BASED UPON THE BOOK BY
Charles Martin
STARRING:
Idris Elba as Dr. Ben Bass, a surgeon
Kate Winslet as Alex Martin, a photojournalist
Dermot Mulroney as Mark, Alex’s fiancé
Beau Bridges as Walter, the pilot of the charter plane
Raleigh and Austin as Dog, Walter's dog


Misery loves company and tragedy, more often than not, brings people together.

I still have a hangover.  The movie is beautiful.  I did not expect that because I was very iffy about this film.  Idris Elba is handsome and he is one of the most popular actors nowadays who is very bankable and he is a good actor, if not great.  Kate Winslet is beautiful and recently, like Julianne Moore, she has been known for her antagonist role in the Divergent series.  Ergo, I did not have problems with the actors.  It's just that I was imagining things like they would eat the pilot or something like in ALIVE, but thankfully, when they had to eat a living being, they did not have to eat Walter, the seasoned pilot who had a stroke, but was able to land without making the airplane explode.  Thankfully, for dog lovers like me, the dog did not have to be eaten too, which was a necessity in Pedicab(oops, I just gave spoilers).

Although there were lots of dangers, the scenes were beautiful.  Both of them plus the dog, well maybe the dog was more aware of things, did not know if they would still survive, so they made the most out of it.

The story is based on a book I haven't read(and I have not seen the trailer yet), but I've read romance stories somewhat similar to this and I must say it's like those stories came "alive", which is a good thing.

It is also very believable.

Maybe not everyone would agree with me, but a good percentage would.

Oh, they made Dermot Mulroney less appealing here, just like what they did to Myke Salomon(thankfully he has the best lines) as Kerwin in My Korean Jagiya, my lifter of spirits nowadays(I honestly watch this series more because of Raymart Santiago, Janice De Belen and Myke Salomon...I also admire Valeen Montenegro a lot...she's a thespian through and through...yes, it's in her genes, but she keeps on improving and improving...to be fair to Heart Evangelista(Love Marie P. Ongpauco-Escudero)  and Alexander Eusebio Lee, they do have great moments together and they are good actors too---along with Divine, Ricky Davao, Edgar Allan Guzman et al., but the "kilig moments" come from "Dodong and Aida"---I better stop before I forget that I'm talking about THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US---well, this is my blog, and this is not really a critic's point of view).  

Sigh.

Anyways, the movie is really beautiful and maybe, just maybe, I will watch this again.

Maybe it's not perfect, but it's really worth watching.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)