Dan Brown's ORIGIN (FICTION) 2017

If there is anything that changed about my thoughts about the famous author through the years, I could honestly say I respect him more.  He still does not influence my belief in God, because I cannot not believe in Him because there are many things that happened in my life that cannot be explained by science or whatever else.  Yet, I could boldly say that he is a very believable writer.

Believing everything he has written as "gospel" truth is different from saying he is a believable author.

When a person is believable, what he or she is saying could be true, but you don't necessarily believe it to be so.

He definitely is a raconteur extraordinaire.  I can give him that.

In ORIGIN he is trying to hypnotise his readers that he is an "enlightener" and because of his writing style, he might convince a lot of people that it is so.

He used William Blake's ideologies, writings, artwork etc.  By focusing on Blake, he has sort of deified the man.  His opinions are merely opinions trying to disprove what we believe in.  It's his opinions versus the Deposit of Faith.

Adam and Eve: He may be or may be not right about the "fact" that they don't exist.

Adam is from Adamah (Biblical Hebrew : אדמה) is a word, translatable as ground or earth, which occurs in the Biblical account of Creation of the Book of Genesis. ... After the fall of man, the adamah is duly corrupted with Adam's punishment of lifelong agricultural toil. (There is no copyright in facts).  If and only if the story of creation is true, then maybe, just maybe, God created lots of Adams and lots of Eves.  There were no X-rays yet, so how could people know about the ribs of men and women.  By frisking? 

Anyways, the point is, they don't exactly do not exist.  They could exist, but it's not really exact that they started the whole world...or universe for that matter. ;-)

There are two stories of creation in Genesis.  I'll not expound anymore.

Dan Brown is also good in making us all virtual travellers by making us go to REAL places on this earth and in this case, he made us go to Spain, which reminds me, Catalonia is a big thing nowadays, so it's also sorta kinda current.

It's like what Philip Pullman said when when asked about what he meant by being a RELIGIOUS ATHEIST (and this is NOT verbatim):  I have no problem with believing.  It's when organised religion has political power...(just click this).  I don't think Pullman is really an atheist.  I think he is an agnostic.  Well, that's just my observation.

This book also talks about Artificial Intelligence(Winston) and there are love stories too.  The characters, of course, Robert Langdon included, could be your new friends.  You will laugh, cry, learn about places you probably haven't been to, but if you already have, you will enjoy revisiting those places.  Your eyes would be opened and see what you haven't seen before.

ORIGIN is a page turner.

I still love God and I still don't agree with what Dan Brown is driving at, but I don't want to be a hypocrite.  I do enjoy reading his work of FICTION.

If you know the difference between fact and fiction, then go enjoy his books.  

William Blake, Sir Winston Churchill et al are REAL people.  They are intelligent/wise beings, but even so, it does not mean if they said those things or written about those things or whatever, it means everything they think of is the absolute truth.  No siree.  What they said could be true, but not necessarily true.

Anyways, I am just reiterating myself and I don't intend to influence you either.

😔





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)