Star Trek Beyond (2016) PG


The Easter Eggs and References in Star Trek: Beyond


 “Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations”, a Vulcan saying.

This film is awesome.  I am not a certified Trekkie, but I have been watching the Star Trek series since I was little.  When Patrick Stewart "took over", I seldom watched it.  It wasn't because I did not like him, but I just didn't have time to watch his series all of the time.

When Star Trek rebooted, I decided to watch it again.  I like the way it was retold, but of course, even with the close to lousy(but hi-tech during their time) special effects, nothing really beats the original.

It's a good thing that the original members of the cast are still honored "here" and it's good to meet new members as well.

A pleasant addition to the cast is Sofia Boutella, an Algerian dancer/actress/gymnast.  She has lots of fight scenes and her moves are graceful, but fierce.

The best lines were uttered by Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban, as Spock and Bones respectively.  Their repartee is full of witty retorts. 

The scenes look real and you would almost pity Krall in the end.

My favorite part is when "classical" music saved the day.  ;-) Boy oh Boy!  

Zoe Saldana is very beautiful here, but she is no damsel in distress, even if her boyfriend appeared to rescue her in a scene.

Chris Pine...oh his marvelous expression simply using his eyes "makes one's day", but he was good here as Captain Kirk.

Simon Pegg, as Scottie, of course, had great lines himself.  He and Sofia Boutella as Jaylah, had nice "discussions".

I love the flow of the story...the integration...the treatment...the cast.

There were lots of scenes that put me on the edge of my seat, but I love the sense of humor of the writers, Doug Jung and Simon Pegg.

Justin Lin works well with Simon Pegg and Doug Jung.

Every role was...I mean, is important.

John Cho played Mr. 

Even the short, but "sweet" tole of Commodore Paris played by gorgeous 64-year-old Shohreh Aghdashloo, was very vital.

I love her conversations with James Tiberius Kirk.  

The narrations were good too, by the way.
ňň

Anyways, I'll end this now.

Would I watch it again?

My answer:  Why not?  :-)




A surprise attack in outer space forces the Enterprise to crash-land on a mysterious world. The assault came from Krall (Idris Elba), a lizard-like dictator who derives his energy by sucking the life out of his victims. Krall needs an ancient and valuable artifact that's aboard the badly damaged starship. Left stranded in a rugged wilderness, Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and the rest of the crew must now battle a deadly alien race while trying to find a way off their hostile planet. -World Wide Web
From Wikipedia: 

Star Trek Beyond marked one of the final film performances of Anton Yelchin, who died in a car-related incident on June 19, 2016. The film was dedicated in his and Leonard Nimoy's memories.


Leonard Nimoy appears in a photo cameo as Spock Prime, whilst also appearing alongside George TakeiWalter KoenigWilliam ShatnerJames DoohanDeForest Kelley and Nichelle Nichols as Sulu, Chekov, Kirk, Scott, McCoy and Uhura, respectively, in a photo cameo.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)