Ghostbusters 2016 PG



Paranormal researcher Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy) and physicist Erin Gilbert are trying to prove that ghosts exist in modern society. When strange apparitions appear in Manhattan, Gilbert and Yates turn to engineer Jillian Holtzmann for help. Also joining the team is Patty Tolan, a lifelong New Yorker who knows the city inside and out. Armed with proton packs and plenty of attitude, the four women prepare for an epic battle as more than 1,000 mischievous ghouls descend on Times Square.
Initial release: July 14, 2016 (Brazil)- WWW
Director: Paul Feig
Executive producer: Dan Aykroyd
Producers: Ivan Reitman, Amy Pascal

If not for my skeptical friend, Kristen, who ended up loving this film, I wouldn't have watched this.  Some naysayers said "It ruined our childhood!"(I say they are exaggerating) and some other words that are not worthy publishing.  It's hard to please my friend, so when she wrote a review/reaction paper about this movie, it got me intrigued and made me decide that I should watch this.


I was supposed to watch this last Friday, but I was ill, so thankfully, I became a tad better last Sunday(which is still practically yesterday, if you ask me).

We watched during the first showing of the day(all Filipino senior citizens from all over could watch movies for free every first showing during Mondays) then had the time of our lives.

I managed my expectations so I wouldn't be disappointed, but I didn't have to.

Yes, this version stars and features empowered women, but it has the blessing of the original stars.

It would never be the same again without Harold Ramis(I kept saying "Only Peter is missing!", but the people behind me kept saying, "Egon!"  They are right.  Of course, of course, Bill Murray is(was) Peter.  I just had what they call, "a senior moment".  

The dialogues are witty.  Describing Chris Hemsworth as "just being an eye candy" is an understatement.  If not for his face(and body), he would not be worth watching here.  He's a dunce. When guys have empty minds, no matter how handsome they are, they lose their value...good thing he was just acting, but he became his character.  Yes, he actually morphed and became Kevin himself.

I am so excited for the next installment.  I'm sure it's going to be a riot.

Caveat:  The ghosts are scarier here, including Slimer and The Marshmallow Man.  Everything's just eerier, so if you have a weak heart, even if this is a comedy, I am discouraging you to watch this.


My favorite part is when Patty shouts, "The devil is a liar!"  She may not be a genius neither does she have a Doctorate, but she definitely is street smart.  She has spunk.

I guess I should end this now.  I'm getting sleepy.

-0-0-0-0-

Would guys like it?

I guess so.  My dad loved it and so did most of my friends.

Kudos to everyone involved in this film.

Reviews:

Official Website

Cast (From Wikipedia)

Cameos
In addition, a bronze bust of Harold Ramis appears in Erin's college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)