STAR WARS EPISODE VII: The Force Awakens (2015)

THIS NOT REALLY A REVIEW:

People were actually "amazed" that I have not seen this blockbuster hit before Christmas because they knew that I was waiting for this since it was announced.

It just so happened that I was really very busy with a lot of things that I didn't have the luxury to watch it.  I had a chance once, but due to miscommunication, my companions thought I just wanted to sleep that they watched the movie without me.  What I said was, "If we are going to watch the movie, I'll follow...if not, I'll just sleep."

I was willing to wait until the 8th of January, but thanks to Facebook, I learned that the SM Supermalls were showing it via their IMAX Theaters. 

 

I had a great IMAX experience.  I was able to journey with Rey and Finn like they were my close friends.  It was also great to pretend that I was fighting with the resistance.

I had cheap thrills seeing Han and Leia embrace.

I fought my tears when someone died.  A lot of people died in the film (the storm troopers, the villagers, some members of the resistance and a bunch of others), but one particular person broke my heart.

I know, I know, a lot of spoilers are all over the net already, but I don't want it to come from me.

I learned that a person got mauled when he revealed who that person was.  He wasn't just mauled, he was almost eaten alive! Oh shucks.

If ever there were flaws, I didn't notice it.  The background music, the special effects, the entire cast(and crew) were perfect for their roles(and duties).  JJ Abrams did justice to George Lucas' masterpiece(masterpieces) and I must say that Andy Serkis did another superb portrayal as Supreme Leader Snoke.


 

Good versus evil. Light versus dark.  Good morals versus... you know the drill.  Of course, good would triumph in the end, but H-O-W?

One thing's for sure Episode VIII would be more exciting than this one.  Would Rey and Finn really be in love or they would just be good friends for the sake of the greater good.  For me, that's not even that exciting.  I would prefer them NOT to have a love angle, but...

I'm excited about the reunion of the twins(Luke and Leia). Would they together bring the old Ben back? Or would they have to destroy him?  Who is Rey's real father? Is it really Luke Skywalker? Is She a Kenobi? Is she Kylo Ren's twin? Are the tears from Luke Skywalker for Rey or is it for the light sabre? (LOL) Even if I don't want to speed up time, I can't wait for episode viii.






 
Again, I'll just leave the technical aspects to the experts(most of them have spoilers):
Rotten Tomatoes
Latino Review
IGN.com
CNN
The Telegraph UK

List of Star Wars characters from Wikipedia:
A rogue and smuggler. Ford said Han "does not aspire to the position of Obi-Wan, nor do I aspire to be some New Age Alec Guinness. His development is consistent with the character, and there are emotional elements which have occasioned his growth ... There's a lot of the rogue still left in Solo. Some things don't change..."
One of the last remaining Jedi who has gone into hiding. Regarding Luke, Han and Leia, Abrams stated: "They'd be as old and as mythic as the tale of King Arthur. They would be characters who [the new characters] may have heard of, but maybe not. They'd be characters who they might believe existed, or just sounded like a fairy tale..."
The former princess of the destroyed planet Alderaan, turned General of the Resistance, and Luke's twin sister. After the events of Return of the Jedi, she is described as "a little more battle weary, a little more broken hearted." Fisher described Leia as "Solitary. Under a lot of pressure. Committed as ever to her cause, but I would imagine feeling somewhat defeated, tired, and pissed." Abrams said: "The stakes are pretty high in the story for her, so there's not much goofing around where Leia's concerned."
A dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order.Driver said the team tried "not to think of him as being bad, or evil, or a villain. Something that was more three-dimensional. He’s more dangerous and unpredictable, and morally justified in doing what he thinks is right."
A scavenger abandoned as a child on the desert planet Jakku, who is searching for her family. Ridley said: "She's completely self-sufficient and does everything for herself, until she meets [Finn] and an adventure begins."
A reformed First Order stormtrooper.Boyega said that he learned he obtained the part "over a nice breakfast in Mayfair" where Abrams told him: "John, you're the new star of Star Wars." Boyega said: "When we find Finn, he's in incredible danger. And the way he reacts to this danger changes his life, and launches him into the Star Wars universe in a very unique way."He said in another interview: "He's been taught about [Luke], he knows about his history. For him it's like joining the army and then learning about one of the great enemies of your country."
A Resistance X-wing fighter pilot.Isaac said: "He's the best freaking pilot in the galaxy... He's been sent on a mission by a certain princess, and he ends up coming up across [Finn], and their fates are forever intertwined."
A wise and perceptive figure operating a somewhat shady cantina on the peaceful forest planet, Takodana. J.J. Abrams said Kanata has "lived over a thousand years. She's had this watering hole … and it's like another bar that you'd find in a corner of the Star Wars universe."According to Abrams, the character was based on his former high school English teacher, Rose Gilbert, who lectured at the Palisades Charter High School from 1961 till 2013. Abrams said the team "really wanted the story to feel authentic, despite being a wild fantasy. I mentioned Rose in an early story meeting as a sort of timeless, wise figure that I'd actually known in my life."
The political leader of the First Order. He is Kylo Ren's master and is very powerful in the dark side. Serkis described Snoke as "quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful... He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design—you couldn't have gotten there with prosthetics... Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone and facial structure."
The commander of the First Order's Starkiller Base. Gleeson described him as "pretty ruthless. A strong disciplinarian would be a mild way of putting it... He's kind of opposite Kylo Ren. They have their own relationship, which is individual and unusual. One of them is strong in different ways than the other. They're both vying for power."
A humanoid protocol droid. Daniels said the actors were allowed to experiment with their performances, and that Abrams "made a field, a playpen where you were allowed to take your time and suggest things."
A loyal Wookiee and Solo's longtime companion. Joonas Suotamo portrays the character in several action scenes, as the then 71-year-old Mayhew suffered from knee problems.
A retired adventurer on Jakku, aiding the Resistance in locating Skywalker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)