Turning_Japanese's YOUR PLACE OR MINE? (2015)---Big Screen version


One night with a total stranger. And fate brought them together once again. That's where their whirlwind romance started.-WWW
A movie the Philippines is not ready for, I guess
The title and the start of the story might make some people I know raise some eyebrows, but YOUR PLACE OR MINE? as a whole is a beautiful movie. I hope more people, 15 and up(well, they say people 13 and up can watch it, but I'll go with 15), would watch this movie. 
Directed by: Joel Lamangan
Story by: Turning_Japanese (wattpad)
Written for the screen by: Keiko A. Aquino
Produced by: VIVA Films and MVP Pictures
Strong Parental Guidance/Restricted 13


Starring: Bret Jackson, Andi Eigenmann, Andre Paras, Christopher Rojas, Janna Victoria, Jackie Lou Blanco, Lander Vera Perez, Luz Valdez, Donnalyn Bartolome, Jovic Monsod, Anja Aguilar, Imee Hart, Clint Bondad, Ashley Rivera and others.

Just a bunch of observations

People were judging the movie and its stars before this was shown thinking it was something that only promotes casual sex. It's true.  Their lovely story started off on the wrong foot, but little by little the dance, er, the story, became like a graceful swan.

Forgive my poor comparison or analogy, but that's how I saw it.  The movements or the ripples were beautiful or picturesque as a swan spreading her wings to flap them a bit.

The topics discussed were not new, and pragmatic marriages are practiced worldwide, but if you are not aware of the book and you know nothing of the story, you would be quite surprised with the twists and turns.

As for the eye candies, Bret Jackson and Andi Eigenmann, they are both lovely to look at and their onscreen chemistry is, what's the word?  Fantastic?  No, I wasn't going for that.  They have great chemistry together and it's a pity that their blossoming relationship off-screen was nipped in the bud. Sigh... Anyways, they are very good actors.  

Maybe that's the reason why not so many people know about this film. I really hope and pray that this is not going to be a flop. People in J.Co SM BF were talking about this and I was tempted to butt in because they had the wrong information about the film.

This movie deserves to be noticed! Joel Lamangan, dgpi, did a good directorial job.  He made everything very interesting and enjoyable.  Some heartstrings were pulled in certain scenes and I was happy that they also showed that guys and gals could be good friends without malice or any strings attached.   I am also glad that the ending was not really as anticlimactic like I thought it would be.  Keiko A. Aquino is really one of the best screenwriters in this country and thank God, she did not disappoint anyone here. 

As for the casting director, I guess the choices were believable enough. Jackie Lou Blanco was believable as Hayley and Hans' mother, but I don't know if I could say the same for Russel's parents. In this day and age, there are lots of cosmetic surgeons out there anyway.  Who cares if Christopher Rojas and Janna Victoria look too young to be the parents of Ralph(Gerard Garcia) and Russel(Bret Jackson)?  

I love almost Andi Eigenmann's clothes here, maybe except for her gown during one of her birthdays.  It was nice, but it was supposed to be a wow moment, so...  What else?  Oh, I loved Hayley's hugot lines.  

By the way, Andre Paras is cute here and I really think he needs to be given more serious roles.  His role in The Half Sisters as Bradley is a bit serious, but...

Wait, I better not blabber too much.

Don't look too much for flaws.  Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride...er, the movie.

Kudos to the cast, crew and everyone else involved in the movie.  


Note to girls(and even boys, I guess): Don't drink in a public place alone because you would never know if you would encounter bad elements there and although this is not mentioned in the film, don't leave your drinks unattended even if you trust your date(if you are forced to leave your drink, don't drink it anymore after dancing---that's what my dad taught me when I was in High School).  If it's NOT your date that is the perpetrator, there are also times that people could hurt your date first, then...I don't need to spell anything out.  You know the drill.

Stay safe.

Don't romanticize everything and don't generalize either. I know guys should be trained to respect women no matter what, but since women were considered lower than men and the cause of the fall of man, women were taught to dress a certain way, and to behave.  Doh?!?  No matter what, at the very least, sex should be between two consenting adults.  No one should be forced, male and female alike.  

God bless us all!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)