Fast and the Furious 7 (2015)

The "familia" in Abu Dhabi 
Paul Walker(Brian), Michelle Rodriguez(Letty), Vin Diesel(Dom), Tyrese Gibson(Roman), Nathalie Emmanuel(Ramsey) and Ludacris/Chris Bridges(Tej)

Bound by love, friendship, loyalty and complementing abilities, this familia again proves that people become one family even if they are not related by blood, with the exception Mia and Dom, of course.

Together, they were able to kick some butt and save the world, so to speak.

It's true, not everything they do is laudable, but...

I love the send off best.  I even shed a tear or two. 

Note:  Although I have my own 4G pocket wifi, I'm glad that I was able to use the hyper speed(I'm exaggerating, but their connection is really fast) of Motorino Neapoletan Pizza of Brooklyn.  I wrote this piece while enjoying their roasted corn, garlic and cheese pizza and tiramisu.  Anyways, before publishing this, I had to reread and update it several times.


RJ, my brother and movie buddy(we watched the series until Fast Five) who is now in heaven(he crossed over on May 21, 2012), would have loved this latest installment of  Fast and the Furious called Furious 7.  The action scenes, the dialogue, the heart-wrenching moments and the sweet ones, would surely make him go to cloud nine(but he's in a better and higher place than that now).  It would have been great if I watched this movie with a special someone, but I watched it with my mom and with all our differences, I love her, so it was a great movie date.  We chose to eat at Motorino after, just because... ;-) and we're glad we chose that place because we had so much fun.


‘Furious 7’ made over $140 million this weekend


Storyline:   Dominic Torretto and his crew thought they left the criminal mercenary life behind. They defeated an international terrorist named Owen Shaw and went their separate ways. But now, Shaw's brother, Deckard Shaw is out killing the crew one by one for revenge. Worse, a Somalian terrorist called Jakarde, and a shady government official called "Mr. Nobody" are both competing to steal a computer terrorism program called God's Eye, that can turn any technological device into a weapon. Torretto must reconvene with his team to stop Shaw and retrieve the God's Eye program while caught in a power struggle between terrorist and the United States government.

Official Website

Directed by 

James Wan

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)  


Chris Morgan...(written by)
Gary Scott Thompson

Jason Statham is one of RJ's favorite actors.  Whether he's good or bad, RJ wouldn't miss a movie of his.  

Kurt Russel is one of my favorites and I was pleasantly surprised that he was included in this movie.  Yes. I was that clueless.  

From Wikipedia:


Noel Gugliemi reprises his role from the first film as Hector, a street race organizer. Luke Evans and Lucas Black briefly reprise their roles from previous films as Owen Shaw and Sean Boswell, respectively.[6] Sung KangGal GadotBow Wowand Nathalie Kelley appear in archive footage as Han Seoul-Oh, Gisele Yashar, Twinkie and Neela, respectively. Iggy Azalea makes a cameo appearance in the film and contributed to the soundtrack.[7] Bachata singer Romeo Santos also appears as Armando in a cameo role.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)