INDAK(2019): Now this is a movie we should write about

source
Directed by
Paul Alexei Basinillo

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
Paul Alexei Basinillo, and Juvy Galamiton 
Kim Noromo ... (screenplay)
Regene Estolatan, Paul Alexei Basinillo, and
Rhadson Mendoza ... (story)

There are very few local dance films that I still cherish until this very day: HATAW NA! (1995),  HOTSHOTS (1984), SWING IT...BABY(1978), BAYARANG PUSO(1996), 14 Going Steady(1984),  and maybe I could include CAMPUS BEAT(1984).

There are many movies that are musicals that involve a lot of dancing, and one of them that is an all-time favourite of mine is ANG LARAWAN, and another is EMIR, which I think is one of the best ever produced.

INDAK is the latest addition to my very short list.  It's not perfect, but I like its style, approach, and treatment.

I like how the actors acted, and I love how hard they prepared for this movie mentally, spiritually, physically, emotionally, et cetera.

I guess my only complaint is that the dance scenes of the competitors who were supposed to be finalists were so-so.  They should have at least shown how difficult it was to beat these finalists.

The problems were...are real.  Yes, the problems were very relatable.  There were many outrageous scenes, but I'm not complaining about them.  It's a dance musical after all.

I am glad that Nadine's gracefulness was highlighted in this movie, and I'm also glad that our very talented young dancers were able to show to the world their abilities in dancing and so much more.

Bantayan Island and its glory was featured here, along with some cultural awareness.  Jen, Nadine's character's mom, played by YAYO AGUILA, is some kind of Babaylan or maybe she is a healer.  Like many local healers, she is one who could not heal herself, and she could not heal matters involving the heart.  

Even so, Yayo's role plays a very important part in Jen's life.  She is her voice of reason, and inspiration.

Oh, by the way, BILLY CRAWFORD has a cameo, and I'm glad that even if his role is short, he did not give a half-baked performance.

What else?

I also love the scenes in Seoul.

Need I say more?


#teamwork
#seoulsouthkorea
#bantayancebu
#dance
#leahandvin
#vinandlean
#samconcecion
#nadinelustre
#racematias
#vittomarquez
#juliantrono
#anykkaasistio
#nathaliealvarez
#nicoleomillo
#yayoaguila
#rosevanginkel
#dancing
#donotdrinkwithstrangers
#donotannouncethatyouhavemoneyinthebag
#donotbringhalfamillionpesoseverywhereyougo
#kedebon

CAST FROM WIKIPEDIA:
Sam Concepcion as Vin
Nadine Lustre as Jen
Yayo Aguila
Mayton Eugenio as Abbie
Julian Trono as Simon
Karencitta
Keiko Nakajima as Pat
Zarah Tolentino as Zeyee
Rose Van Ginkel as Dany
Nathalie Alvarez as Reg
Nicole Omillo as Steph
Aubrey Caraan as Carmel
Kedebon Colim as DJ Scratch
Christian Morones as Karl

Race Matias as Fred



THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)