Aladdin (2019) Disney's Live Action Movie


Yes, like many of you, I still love the animated version much, much, much better than the live action one, but there are good points:

NAOMI SCOTT's rendition of Speechless in this movie rendered me speechless in a positive way.  It was a stupendous performance, and the lyrics are thought-provoking.
Lyrics
Here comes a wave
Meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Swallowing sand
Left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out in the thunder
But I won't cry
And I won't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me or cut me down 
I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless 
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless 
Written in stone
Every rule, every word
Centuries old and unbending
Stay in your place
Better seen and not heard
But now that story is ending 
'Cause I
I cannot start to crumble
So come on and try
Try to shut me and cut me down 
I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless 
Speechless
Let the storm in
I cannot be broken
No, I won't live unspoken
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless 
Try to lock me in this cage
I won't just lay me down and die
I will take these broken wings
And watch me burn across the sky
And it echoes saying I
Won't be silenced
No you will not see me tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless
Artist: Naomi Scott

The lyrics are etched in my heart and brain.  Maybe I haven't memorised the song yet, but it definitely has made a lasting impression.

THE MOVIE
People were wondering why I haven't seen this movie yet.  They said it's very empowering, especially for women like me.

Well, we had a lot of things going on, and when we had the chance to watch a movie again, we chose to watch QUEZON'S GAME, because it is not only empowering for women, but it's something the whole world "has to know", most especially our countryfolk.

Finally, the day arrived, and as we were watching this, we were really impressed with the acting and agility of MENA MASSOUD as Aladdin. He's so graceful, and very believable as the "street rat".  

Everything about this film is beautiful.  The set...the cast...the reimagining of the story...the direction...the music...everything.

The thing that bothered me was the rating.  They rated this G, for General viewership/patronage, but like Maleficent, this should be at least Rated PG.  

Well, the little kids won't go without their parents anyways, so I guess it's OK.  So parents and guardians, just do your thing, OK?  

Maybe the good thing about the G rating is that as young as they are they would learn a thing or two, especially about women empowerment. 
One of my friends who watched this cried when Mena and Naomi were having a magic carpet ride as Prince Ali and Princess Jasmine respectively.  So I waited for it.  It's very impressive, but I still prefer the video above because it was performed live at The Oscars(1993). Ergo, it's way, way more MAGICAL than the one in the movie.

The thing that impressed me with the live action movie is that in this day and age, anybody could be recognised worldwide, and not just...

I knew that Disney version by heart, so everything's predictable, but I was still very excited, and I felt every emotion, even Jafar's(MANWAR KENZARI).  Other people were not happy with him, but I kinda liked that he had a likeable face, but still could act well.  That's MY opinion, so even if you don't agree...  ;-)

Kudos to everyone involved in this movie.

I guess that's all I have to say...oh, and thanks for your time!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)