The Story of Us (2019)

Directed by Scott Smith
Story by Deborah Jones
Teleplay by Tracy Andreen


Not a lot of people would agree with me, but TRACY ANDREEN made an old story look interesting.  I had a good feeling when the movie ended, so why should I say otherwise? 

People were kind to MAGGIE LAWSON, but people were mean to SAM PAGE. Why?  

They don't see chemistry?  Well, I do.

Maybe it's not as lovey-dovey like the other stories or as mushy, but this time I welcomed the gradual process of getting back together after being separated for a long time, like PRINCESS BRIDE, and PERSUASION, two books that talked about in this movie.

Yes, the story is formulaic.  I know, I know, I get tired of the same old story too, but it's sort of different.  

Come on.

When we watch movies, as long as they are not plagiarised, don't we sometimes say, "Did someone research about me?" So you check the name of the author, but you don't know him or her from Adam.

I like the supporting cast too.  I heard, since they shot this in Canada like most of the Hallmark TV movies, most of the supporting characters are locals.

That's all I have to say.

Thanks for dropping by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)