In-Lawfully Yours (2016)-A Christian and "Heathen" Love story that is not preachy

A fun-loving woman from New York City moves to a small town to help her recently widowed ex mother-in-law. Her personality clashes with the locals, and when she goes public with her new relationship with the pastor, the town rallies to kick her out.- Google Search
Initial release6 September 2016 (USA)
  ScreenplayRobert KirbysonSean Gaffney
This is a beautiful movie, but I almost stopped watching this.  
Whew!  I'm glad I gave it a chance, and I was able to finish this last night.  I was just supposed to watch only a part of it because I thought I wouldn't like it, but the minute Ben(JOE WILLIAMSON) and Jesse(CHELSEY CRISP) met, there was some sort of magic in the air.

A few minutes later I thought of changing my mind because of the way Jesse handled things, and because Chaz(PHILIP BOYD) was such an A-hole. 

A few seconds after that decision, of changing my mind that is, I thought of giving it another chance.  After all, dear MARILU HENNER was there as Chaz's sweet mom, Naomi...and CORBIN BERNSEN was listed as the Priest from NYC. That was something to look forward to.

The Committee/Congregation was very relatable.  Of course, they wanted their Pastor to behave in a certain manner.  It was Chaz's fault.  He made Daphne(ERIN MUROSKI) spread certain rumours about Jesse and the Congregation believed those rumours. Hmm...  ;-)

A few more minutes later, I was hooked.  The story is really good.  Maybe it's not great, but it's really, really good.

Who cares if they used the wrong Bible for their belief?  The flow of the story was good...is good.

We can all be judgmental towards people, but when we are on the other side of the rope, how would we feel?  There was a Diocesan rumour, according to a sister-in-Christ that I was a lesbian just because I'm still single.  I respect the LGBTQ, but I'm straight.  I honestly stopped attending Diocesan activities...even the Vicariate...I asked around.  Nobody heard of the rumour.  I wonder where she got that.  Did she start the rumour? Gosh.  #ChickenFeathers.

Sometimes we can't help it because we're in the midst of things, but we can choose either to defend the aggrieved party, ourselves included, or not to comment at all.

Jesse, although she never entered any kind of Church before, was willing to learn about the faith.  When she started studying the Bible, of course she had questions, and she just wanted them answered.

The Congregation was appalled.

Thankfully, the same Bible they quoted shunning her was the same Bible that saved her.

How? 

Watch the movie to find out.
😇
Thanks for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)