After the Fall (2010)

Successful Arizona architect Phillip Danville(GREG EVIGAN) has horses on his estate. After his daughter Jenna(ANDREA BOWEN) incurs possibly incurable spinal injuries during a riding competition, her fiancé Carson(DAVID THOMAS JENKINS) leaves. Phillip arranges for her to be admitted to a specialized institute, where physiotherapist Eugene Gibbs(NICHOLAS GONZALEZ) does the best possible experimental rehab combination job, and competitive fellow patient Annie(FIONA DOURIF) contributes motivation. Home at the ranch, equally hunky neighbor Will Dutton(RICK MALAMBRI), a veterinarian whose rodeo career ended in a multiple leg fracture, cures the Danville's star horse(BENTLEY) and becomes Jenna's new boyfriend. Written by KGF Vissers 

The summary above gave some spoilers, but there's more to the story than those things. 

What I am going to write about is how I relate to Jenna and what she has been through, and this is definitely NOT a review.

The others who reviewed this who are equestriennes and equestrians, questioned the kind of fall Jenna had, and I'm sure they have every right to notice such things, but it's a TV movie, and maybe, just maybe, they did not have the means to make it as authentic as possible, but they did try to show real kinds of therapy, the best way possible.

Others questioned the crutches...so since they are such experts, I won't go there anymore.

The longest time I have been in a wheel chair was about a week, and that was early last year. I already felt my world ending.  Right now, there are still parts of my extremities feeling throbbing pain once in a while, but I'll take pain, no matter how unmanageable, anytime, than not to feel my legs move, and for them not to move at all.

I cry a lot when my legs throb.  I am grateful that I could still walk fast once in a while, but most of the time, I stop every 200 metres to catch my breath.  

I used a cane for three to four weeks from the edge of December to almost the edge of January because of my thrombosis in my legs.  The pain was really excruciating.

As I was watching Jenna and Annie while they were in therapy, I could only imagine what they were going through.  I don't think I wanna experience what they were experiencing, but somehow I was able to imagine what they were feeling or not feeling.


🏇🐎🐴🐴🐎🏇

This movie is also about different kinds of love:  True friendship, romantic, love for animals, filial, et cetera, et cetera.  It is also about hope, and even if it was not direct, it's also about faith.

It was great journeying with every character, even those unmentioned.

Of course, I wanted to kick Carson, but since it was pretty obvious because of the summary, and the poster, that they would eventually break up, I am also grateful that he did not stay by Jenna's side, because if he stayed on, she wouldn't have met Will.

🐴🐎🏇🏇🐎🐴

I like the way Greg Evigan played Phillip.  He was very caring to Jenna, and he made it look real.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Thanks for your time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)