Once Upon A Winter's Date (2017) also known as VALENTINE'S AGAIN

#GreyhoundDaySyndrome
Katherine endures the worst Valentine's Day date of her life. On her way home a gypsy casts a magical spell on her. The next morning she soon realizes she's reliving the day until she finds Mr. Right. (Same source as the photograph)

Director: Steven R. Monroe
Writer: Jack Sekowski

Sigh.  I wish I weren't allergic to most flowers(I'm not allergic to orchids, lilies, tulips and roses---thank God---as long as no baby's breath or any other floral embellishments are added).  Flowers are so beautiful, they could make anyone smile, and they are very important subjects in this movie.

This movie's theme is not new.  There have been many like Groundhog Day and its predecessors.  As a matter of fact I could even name some of them: 1)12:01; 2)Before I fall, 3)Happy Death Day; 4)Repeaters; 5)Totally Spies' Groundhog Day and 6)When We First Met.  Still, this movie has something to offer that wasn't tackled in those movies.

It has many good intentions, but there were things she should have learned already, but she still was figuring it out. Why did she have to have a date again with Bradley(I don't hate the name, OK?) after she already made him pay...literally? He's the worst among the list of potentials.  Well, at least for me.

There were many things she should have done like a change of wardrobe, which she did after several days of her reality, but went back to them.

She could have learned French in the process, which she didn't.  She could have...

Well, it's not my story to tell, but I wish they made her bond with her future stepmom more.

Would I recommend this movie to my friends?

Yes, because Greg and Nicky do have some magic in their scenes together. Awwww.



Director:

 

Writer:

 
From imdb


Cast in ALPHABETICAL order:

Emma Burdon-Sutton...Elizabeth (as Emma Sutton)
Karen Hassan
Andrew Hawley...Kenneth
Paris Jefferson...Janice
Natacha Karam...Melissa
Paul Luebke...Michael
Alex Mills...Peter
Liza Mircheva...Climbing Instructor
Harry Neale...Bradley
Clara Perez...Carmen
Kerry Rhodes...Josh
Teddy Ruseva...Waitress
Marina Sirtis...Gypsy
Greg Vaughan...Danny
Ian Virgo...Roger
Nicky Whelan...Kat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)