Finally, I've seen THE GREATEST SHOWMAN and I've got a hangover

Inspired by the imagination of P. T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business & tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation-WWW
Rating: PG (for thematic elements including a brawl)
Genre: Drama, Musical & Performing Arts
Directed By: Michael Gracey
Written By: Jenny Bicks, Bill Condon
In Theaters: Dec 20, 2017  Wide
Runtime: 105 minutes
Studio: 20th Century Fox
(From Rotten Tomatoes)

Hugh Jackman And Michelle Williams' 'Greatest Showman' Just Broke A Box Office Record---and they haven't counted the international audience yet.


It is no secret that I've been wanting to watch this original musical ever since I have heard, read about it and seen some teasers. 

If I'm not mistaken, this is the second team up of Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams, the first being DECEPTION ten years ago.  They have good onscreen chemistry and acting is in their blood.  

I love and admire people who are multifaceted like the two lead stars.  I think I admired Michelle Williams first because of Dawson's Creek and the first time I saw Hugh Jackman he was already Wolverine, but only appreciated him as Leopold. I've seen Swordfish, but...

I'm digressing again.

The original musical movie is the best PT Barnum Story I've seen ever. The actors were carefully chosen, the dances were artistically choreographed, the songs were composed and arranged wonderfully and interpreted in the most colossal way...the singers meant and felt every word and they were able to convey the message of the songs to the audience. The script was well-written, the actors played their roles well and of course, it was greatly directed. 

Not everyone agrees with me, of course.

Well, I'm still on cloud nine.  Let's see how I feel a month from now. ;-)

Inspired by the movie
Keala Settle rocks!
 
Zac and Zendaya sizzle
Their whole REWRITE THE STARS number is one of my favourites
If Jenny Lind was as beautiful as Rebecca Ferguson, I would understand why PT Barnum was enamoured with her

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (2017) Hollywood vs history







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)