Meet Me In St. Gallen (2018) PG (Watched it twice)

(source)
Written and Directed by Irene Villamor
Without giving the whole story away, I must say we, my parents and I, love the ending.  We may not have applauded, but it etched a lot of good memories in our hypothalami.

Carlo Aquino has honed his craft and is more appealing, but his character is smug and the first time they(Celeste and Jesse) parted ways(sorta kinda a spoiler), Jesse should've convinced Celeste to stay, but he just allowed her to hail a cab.

After several years they see each other again(spoiler alert again), he was "in love" with another, he didn't even look for her, but since he found out he filled her senses he was smug again, then when she told him to go, he left...if I go on then I'll give the story totally away. I would rather people run to the cinemas to find out what I mean.

Dad and I planned to watch this a day before a close friend told me that we were going to watch this today.  I didn't want to watch that popular film, so dad didn't know what else to watch and they have already seen THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, but I told him it's alright to push through with our plans. 

When we were watching it along with mom who was nursing an aching back, we were enthralled.  The dialogues were well thought of and Bela delivered her lines well.  Carlo is a great actor, but dad said, they could've gotten a taller person for Bela. Hmm...

At any rate, Carlo and Bela have good onscreen chemistry that we listened to everything they said.  They should have another project together. 

Of course, I did not remember everything, so watching it with my two friends was a very welcome thing for me. 

I was able to savour every line again and was able to appreciate certain scenes and was more convinced that the ending is great. Thankfully, my friends love the movie as a whole, but they would have preferred if the movie ended differently.  All of us have hangovers.

I love the St. Gallen scenes.  At first my parents and I agreed that the title should have been something else, but if the "Sasama ako!" uttered by Jesse was the basis of the title, then so be it.  When I saw it again with my friends, I think I understand why the author and director, Irene Emma Villamor, chose MEET ME IN ST. GALLEN.

There were tears shed and I did get angry at the comet like Jesse, but there were fun moments and you've got to love the repartee between the main characters.

Sigh.

I want more movies like this one, but I hope the ending, even if we did love it, would not always be like "that".  ;-)

Gees.

Let me pack my bags so I could go back to Switzerland soon. 

As if!

;-)

Kudos to everyone involved in this film, especially Irene Villamor, the writer/director, and Ms. Bela Padilla.  The story is tailor-made for her(Padilla) and I cannot picture any other actress playing her role just yet.

Carlo, you did great too. Ever since you were young, you already proved that you will go places one day because of your versatility, but Bela's star shone brightly "here".  Thank goodness you are not competing with each other. ;-)

******


Celeste watched this movie, and she mentioned this to Jesse during their first conversation:
Kat Galang appears as Celeste's friend

 
The Morning After

Bituin as beautifully sang by Carlo Aquino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)