Now You See Me 2 (2016)

Not in this movie:  Melanie Laurent and Isla Fisher(Lizzy Caplan takes her place)


Director: Jon M. Chu
Film series: Now You See Me Film Series
Cinematography: Peter Deming
Screenplay: Ed Solomon, Pete Chiarelli

After fleeing from a stage show, the illusionists (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson) known as the Four Horsemen find themselves in more trouble in Macau, China. Devious tech wizard Walter Mabry (Daniel Radcliffe) forces the infamous magicians to steal a powerful chip that can control all of the world's computers. Meanwhile, vengeful FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) hatches his own plot against Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), the man he blames for the death of his father. -WWW
Now You See Me 3 is already in development.  I learned about it when I wondered if Melanie Laurent would be appearing in it because I didn't see her in "this" installment.

It was really a big disappointment for me because their love angle made my heart flutter.  Please, please, please bring Alma Dray back.  Please, please, please. Mark Ruffalo, I mean, Dylan Rhodes/Shrike, is more handsome with her around. ;-)

I also miss Isla Fisher.  I hope she reprises her role too. 

It will also be produced by Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment. In October 2014, it was announced that Isla Fisher would be unable to reprise her role as Henley Reeves due to her pregnancy, thus Lizzy Caplan was cast as new character Lula to replace her as the Fourth Horseman. -Wikipedia


Did I like this movie?

Yes.  

It's true, a lot of people were disappointed, but I tried not to think too hard.  Knowing me, that's very hard, because I have a tendency to over analyze stuff, but I was successful in psyching myself to just enjoy the "show".  So I did.  Mom did too.

Dad fell asleep...when he woke up, he couldn't appreciate the movie anymore.  He even thought he was watching something already shown on TV.

Oh well...

:-)

Harry Potter fans, I am sorry, you wouldn't be so thrilled with Daniel Radcliffe here, but Mean Girl lovers, Lizzy Caplan is more beautiful now compared to her younger years. 

Jesse Eisenberg gets first billing(maybe it's in order of appearance...I wasn't able to notice if it was the reason) over Mark Ruffalo.  He was a tad like his other role, the rebooted Lex Luthor, here.

Dave Franco looked awesome and I don't blame the writers for choosing him to be Lizzy's partner here.

The cast:
  • Jesse Eisenberg as J. Daniel "Danny" Atlas
  • Mark Ruffalo as Dylan Rhodes
  • Woody Harrelson as Merritt McKinney/Chase McKinney (to differentiate the two, they gave Chase more hair and whiter teeth)
  • Dave Franco as Jack Wilder
  • Daniel Radcliffe as Walter Mabry
  • Lizzy Caplan as Lula
  • Jay Chou as Li (Hope to see him and his "mom" in the next installment...Jay is known as Kato in Green Hornet, among other roles)
  • Sanaa Lathan as Agent Natalie Austin  (she's awesome...she should have a bigger role in the next installment...I hope she and Melanie Laurent could work together)
  • Michael Caine as Arthur Tressler---classic
  • Morgan Freeman as Thaddeus Bradley---another classic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)