Central Intelligence (2016)

5 Reasons Why ‘Central Intelligence’ Might Blow Past Expectations (my favorite review about the movie)  

Bullied as a teen for being overweight, Bob Stone (Dwayne Johnson) shows up to his high school reunion looking fit and muscular. While there, he finds Calvin Joyner (Kevin Hart), a fast-talking accountant who misses his glory days as a popular athlete. Stone is now a lethal CIA agent who needs Calvin's number skills to help him save the compromised U.S. spy satellite system. Together, the former classmates encounter shootouts, espionage and double-crosses while trying to prevent worldwide chaos.  -WWW  (well, all I can say it didn't happen exactly the way the WWW described, but close to it--LMV)
Initial release: June 17, 2016 (USA)
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Executive producer: Ed Helms
Screenplay: Rawson Marshall Thurber, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen, Peter Steinfeld

The trailer was very funny and we've wanted to see this film ever since we've seen the preview.  Unfortunately, we became so busy with a lot of things, but thankfully, yesterday afternoon after doing some errands/business transactions et cetera, we were finally able to watch it at the Commercenter's Cinema 2.

Wow.  I really felt for Robby Wierdich a.k.a. Bob Stone. An act of kindness really goes a long, long way and that's what C.J., "The Golden Jet" did for the eighteen-year-old Robby.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could really be funny if he wants to. He's awesome.

 Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson have great rapport.  

Somewhere in the past, I was bullied too due to my skin color, my seesaw weight and my love for languages, so I really hate bullies.  Others still try to bully me this present day, but I don't allow them to.  The most recent one was when a group of guys flocked around me then some women said, "Di naman kagadandahan...ano bang meron yan?"(She's not really that beautiful...whatever do they see in her? or...what does she have that we don't?) Sigh.  I smirked at them, but I must admit that it did hurt...a lot. It took me two months before I told my best friend what really happened "that day".  I just did not tell her who because it's all in the (recent)past and I was able to take care of myself anyway, but she has an idea.

Amy Ryan(as one of the top brass CIA agents, Pamela Harris), Jason Bateman(as the annoying bully from Bob Stone's past called Trevor), Danielle Nicolet(as the beautiful wife of C.J.). and Aaron Paul(as Bob Stone's partner, Phil) also appear in this funny, but somehow thought provoking movie. (The rest of the Cast)

For us, there was no dead air.  Everyone in the theater was laughing. Sometimes we were at the edge of our seat, but most of the time we were just laughing because the crazy antics of these two professionals.

I hope these two would have another project together (not necessarily a sequel) in the near future.  It would be a blast, I'm sure.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)