Me Before You (2016) PG

Unless otherwise indicated, all photographs from all my blog entries, whether good or bad, were taken by me or at the very least, taken using my gadget or camera

 Bonifacio High Street Cinemas
Central Square
30th corner 5th Avenues, Bonifacio Global City, City of Taguig

Beautiful..  Astounding...Moving... Heartbreaking...Hopeful...Awesome.

As much as possible, I don't want to give spoilers, even if the movie is just an adaptation or something, but I can't promise that now.  Hopefully, I would be able to avoid giving some, but if I get carried away and give some spoilers, please forgive me.

Louisa "Lou" Clark is a breath of fresh air.  She is so easy to like, except that she is not really too bright...at least, that was what people thought about her. I liked her character in an instant and was thanking Kate Dowd silently for choosing Emilia Clarke to play her.  The role is tailor-made for Emilia.

Sam Claflin, pardon my language, made some young girls drop their panties, especially when Lou shaved his facial hair.

Mauritius was breathtaking and when I "woke up" from my fantasy, I immediately wanted to charter a plane going there.  What I mean is that for a few moments I really thought I was there.  Nah, I knew I was inside one of the best theaters/cinemas/theatres in town, but...

All I can say is that I was too involved in the story that I was crying towards the end, but when Louisa went to Paris(Why? I won't tell you), I suddenly missed the place.

Watching the movie made me forget all the horrible things in this world, even just for a while, but it was very real too, that it took a while before I stopped sobbing.

Even if he didn't clap when the film ended, Dad thanked me for the treat(the movie and the snacks after the movie was on me) and said that he loved it.  

What's not to love?  Daenerys Targaryen/Sarah Jeanette Connor and Finnick Odair/Philip Swift/Alex Stewart, have good chemistry.  Wait...I mean, Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin have good chemistry.  These two young actors(LOL, they are both 30 this year...Sam's birthday is nearer...on the 27th) are very good in immersing into their characters that sometimes I forget their given names...their legal names.

I love the castle, but I definitely do not want to live in one.  I love Sam Claflin's soothing voice and how Emilia Clarke depicted "Lou".  The supporting cast did their "jobs" well and I love all the places they've been to.

Lou has the "best sister ever".  Well, that's an exaggeration, of course, but I love their relationship. It's one of the best there is. 

So may I ask again, what's not to love? Ah, that assisted suicide "thing".  It's so against our faith and "all that jazz". 

Sometimes I do ask myself this:  When we try to prolong the life of a loved one, is it really for our loved one or for our own selfish reasons?

There were unhappy viewers(definitely not the ones we watched the movie "with") who feel bad because of the euthanasia theme, but as we discussed the movie before the next business transaction/meeting, if the thing we wanted to happen "happened" then...

Please, just watch the movie.  I am really tempted to give details.

Anyways, even if I don't want time to go so quickly, I am excited to watch AFTER YOU.  Sigh...  I think, even with the complaint from Mr. Francesco Clark(I feel for Mr Clark...they should've asked permission, at the very least) and gave him credit(and royalty), I think Ms. Jojo (pronounced as Joe-joe) Moyes is going to be one of my favorite writers.

Sigh...




(photograph from philstar.com- click to read full article)
Isn't the place majestic?


Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.- WWW
 Director: Thea Sharrock
Adapted from: Me Before You, written by Jojo Moyes
Music composed by: Craig Armstrong
Screenplay: Jojo Moyes, Scott Neustadter, Michael H. Weber

Francesco Clark's WALKING PAPERS (He strongly believes that quadriplegia is not the end of  life)

Joni Eareckson Tada (I learned about quadriplegia from her life story---I was a teenager back then)

Artists without hands at work (Association of Mouth and Foot Artists...gosh, their work puts me to shame---they are geniuses)

Paralysed Man Walks Again

OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF ME BEFORE YOU

THE CAST:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)