Finding Dory (2016)

Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) is a wide-eyed, blue tang fish who suffers from memory loss every 10 seconds or so. The one thing she can remember is that she somehow became separated from her parents as a child. With help from her friends Nemo and Marlin, Dory embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine Life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species. Dory now knows that her family reunion will only happen if she can save mom and dad from captivity.-WWW


I can't believe it!  FINDING DORY outdid the blockbuster hit, FINDING NEMO.  My friends, the young and not so young alike, were raving about it.  Others were crying buckets of tears, while others simply had some emotional moments.  Definitely, heartstrings were pulled, but there were a lot of light moments too that I decided to see for myself.

True, many think that Finding Nemo will remain a classic and cannot be topped, but Finding Dory could be a classic too...someday.  :-)

My niece and I agree(d) that we love this better because it is non-violent and there is no villain.  It deserves its G rating,  unlike in Finding Nemo, there were a lot of brutalities,  coming to think of it.  Some kids became very afraid of the dentist.  Sigh. Right from the start Nemo's mother and siblings died, there were lots of scary marine creatures(because they wanted to be as realistic as they could be, but not too much, or else, no kid would be allowed to watch it), fish bullies et cetera.  Still, Finding Nemo is truly unforgettable and we wouldn't meet Dory without Nemo being lost in the first place.  Right?  Right!

It was the first movie we watched with my late brother, RJ, when PG died(May 2003) and it truly made a mark in heart.  We never imagined that thirteen years later, we would get to know Dory much, much better and we would meet a whole bunch of others too.


-0-0-0-0-0-

Dory may be suffering from short term memory loss, but she is definitely one tough cookie.  Or should I say 'cupcake'? ;-) She is also a polyglot.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

I'm glad that Marlin and Nemo are still around and so are a bunch of others, but I'm doubly glad to be able to meet new ones like Hank the Septupus/Septopus, I mean, Octopus and others like Becky, Destiny and Bailey. The animation/CGI et cetera were seamless and I must say, the background music made the characters more alive than they already are.


-0-0-0-0-0-0-
I'm at a loss for more words.  All I know is that I enjoyed my date with my mom and I believe everyone else in the theater enjoyed their time too.

Oh, and another thing, I love Dory's super EXTENDED family.  ;-)

I'm guessing that the next installment is all about Hank. ;-) That's the guess of most people in cinema too.  


Go to the nearest theater/cinema/theatre/odeon  or whatever you call it NOW!  ;-) 




'Finding Dory' is funny and heartbreaking, but it's not better than the original (maybe so, but it's a matter of perspective, really)


Updated June 22, 2016
10:36 AM

Party published through ABS-CBN mobile


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)