Run All Night (2015) R-16

From imdb: Mobster and hit man Jimmy Conlon(Liam Neeson) has one night to figure out where his loyalties lie: with his estranged son, Mike(Joel Kinnaman), whose life is in danger, or his longtime best friend, mob boss Shawn Maguire(Ed Harris), who wants Mike to pay for the death of his own son(Boyd Holbrook).

Director:

 

Writer:

 
Even with all the violence, this is a very touching story about the love of fathers and their children, friendship and atonement.

I never expected to like this film.  We were there in SM Aura for several reasons and it just so happened that they showed this film a couple of days before its US screening. We got attracted with the poster and of course, with Liam Neeson, Ed Harris, Joel Kinnaman and Common.

When the movie was starting, I thought I was going to hate it and I am glad that I was wrong.

There were a lot of nail-biting scenes and some parts put me to the edge of my seat.

 I know some may not share my views, but I know that almost everyone inside the theater would agree with me.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but like what I said above, there are plenty of touching scenes(and I don't mean wussy scenes, OK?) that would pull some heartstrings. 


Shawn and Jimmy (Father to Father)

Jimmy and Mike

One of the most exciting scenes (you have to watch it to understand)

Kudos to the cast and crew!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)