Conspiracy Theory(1997)

pinoy top sites

Way before Mel Gibson went ballistic and ruined his life, at least according to the fourth estate, I was an avid fan.  I would watch the MAD MAX series, the LETHAL WEAPON series, and almost everything else including THE PATRIOT and BRAVE HEART.  For me, he was not just a sight for sore eyes, he was also a very versatile actor, among other great things.  He could make one laugh, cry, tensed and perhaps bring out all those emotions that one may not have realized that was inside him or her all along.

CONSPIRACY THEORY is one of those films of his that became close to my heart, partly because ever since I was a little girl I would sort of think that there's some sort of conspiracy about everything, climate change included...yes, even involving the universe, that I have seen this movie countless times.  

Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, Patrick Stewart and the rest of the troop got me involved in everything.  From the first scene until the last, at least for me, there was no boring moment.  There were things I expected to happen, but there were lots of unpredictable moments too.

Ergo, I love everything about this film and I even imagined what their future might be.  Did I want the movie to have a sequel?  NO.  I think a sequel would have ruined it, but then again, maybe not.  
Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride.


Besides the very intriguing plot, I also love the horses.  Julia Roberts is a skilled equestrienne like Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski, and could've have continued with her career if she wanted to, but it wasn't the path she took.  Hmm, top of mind, I remember at least three films with horses that starred Ms. Roberts.  Wait, I think I remember five besides Conspiracy Theory, but I'm sure there are more: NOTTING HILL, SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT, STEPMOM, PRETTY WOMAN and RUNAWAY BRIDE. 
Personally, I want a guy to take care of me, but I also want him to need me so I could take care of him too.  I also want to hold someone this way or vise-versa.

From Wikipedia:

Conspiracy Theory is a 1997 American action thriller film directed by Richard Donner.
The original screenplay by Brian Helgeland centers on an eccentric taxi driver (Mel Gibson) who believes many world events are triggered by government conspiracies, and the U.S. Justice Department attorney (Julia Roberts) who becomes involved in his life.

From imdb:

Storyline

Jerry Fletcher is a man in love with a woman he observes from afar. She works for the government. Fletcher is an outspoken critic of that government. He has conspiracy theories for everything, from aliens to political assassinations. But soon, one of his theories finds itself to be accurate. But which one? Some dangerous people want him dead and the only person he trusts is that woman he loves but does not know.Written by Steve Richer <sricher@sympatico.ca>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)