The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)



I'm sorry my friend. War has already begun.
— Caesar's declaration of war to Malcolm

Step by Step. Photo by: Courtesy of Weta. Step by Step. The progression to a finished shot of Caesar.
Andy Serkis and James Franco (a footage from Rise of the Planet of the Apes shown in this movie)

http://screenrant.com/dawn-planet-apes-spoilers-ending/
When I was a little girl I loved watching the TV series called PLANET OF THE APES. It was one of my favorite shows and I felt for both the nice humans and the nice apes, but when the 2001 version megged by Tim Burton was released, I did not have any desire to watch it.  I don't know why, but I promised myself that I would never watch Planet of the Apes again.

In 2011, THE RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES became a blockbuster hit.  Thinking it was another Tim Burton(I like Tim Burton and his movies, but...) version, I did not watch it.

I did not even have plans of watching THE DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, but when my friend, Director Elvert Dela Cruz Bañares shared his thoughts on this film, I told myself, "Why not give it a try?"


I hope Jayvee(Elvert) won't sue me when I quote him(after all he was the reason why I broke my promise and watched this) 




The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is one of 2014's best films. I have seen all "Planet of the Apes" films (since the first one which is a 1968 charmer) but none of them made apes look and act like apes and humans act like humans.....and vice versa.....and in a stylishly realistic way. The spatial relationships are dramatically at work. Impressive visuals and prudent direction by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In). Give this guy more franchise films! This is the movie to see this weekend! (A)

 No animal shall kill any other animal without cause.

— Sixth Commandment of AnimalismAnimal Farm

While watching this film, although it could stand alone, it gave me the desire to watch its prequel (Rise...).  The story and the premise of course is nothing new, but I like the way it was presented. I felt for Caesar, it made me feel disdain for Koba(hate is such a strong word) and of course, I felt for the humans. especially for Malcolm(Clarke), Ellie(Russel), Alexander(Smit-McPhee) and the innocents, but somehow, I also understood what Dreyfus(Oldman) felt.  Why wouldn't I want to fight for the human race to try to save us all, right?  
I also agree with everything my friend Jayvee said above.  He really is a very keen observer.  Like him, I highly recommend this film and I have a high regard for Matt Reeves.

I can hardly wait for the sequel!


Links:
Inside Pulse
Wikia-Caesar
Wikia-Koba
Ape shall never kill Ape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)