Blue Jasmine, a beautiful, but tragic film by Woody Allen (2013)


There is no doubt that this is a very well-acted film. The choices of characters were perfect and each did their jobs well, most especially Cate Blanchett and Sally Hawkins, who play non-biological sisters(Jasmine and Ginger were both adopted by their parents).  

Among the men, I think I like Peter Skargaard's acting the best.  Alec Baldwin was also good, but he's too used (or typecast) to playing that kind of role.  

Charlie Tahan, who plays the young Danny, was exceptional.  Maybe I'm just biased because I've already gotten fond of him because of his other movies.

I don't know why Woody Allen decided to end it that way, but I guess it worked because the movie was not a flop.  It was even a box office success.

I know a lot of people like Jasmine.  Most of the time, when a person who had it all almost all of his or her life loses everything (or almost everything),  he or she could not cope.  He or she would have the tendency to be stuck in the past instead of doing something to improve his or her situation.

Jasmine tried.  Yes, she really tried to cope. Still, she was unsuccessful.

Sad as this movie may be, it is still very much worth watching.

After all, it earned a lot of awards and nominations.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)