Ang Pambansang Third Wheel(2018) PG




From Click The City:
Trina who has lived her whole life as a third wheel meets the man who passes her standards and believes that this man will finally make her a third wheel no more. As they get to know each other, she finds out she's actually dating a single dad with an 8-year-old boy and he actually has a good relationship with the mother.
Main Cast: Sam Milby, Yassi Pressman
Director/Writer:Ivan Andrew Payawal
Released By:Viva Films / The IdeaFirst Company
Our tickets courtesy of E-Plus

(Left) Writer and director Andrew Ivan Payawal with (center) Yassi Pressman and (right) Sam Milby
(source)
My bestie and I watched this courtesy of our almost expiring free movie passes c/o E-Plus.  It's not exactly free because we earned them, and by the end of this month, all of those free passes would be forfeited.  E-Plus won't let us earn points anymore.  It will just be a "show card", according to the lady who prepared our tickets, so that we could be given priority.  

MY THOUGHTS:

Ang Pambansang Third Wheel is the second story/movie that I saw that was written and directed by Andrew Ivan Payawal, the first one was I, America(IA) starring Bela Padilla.  Although I love IA, I was not able to blog about it because I became so busy and when I had the time to do so, the magic sort of dissipated that I didn't have the inspiration to do so.

I was attracted to this movie because of the trailer and because Sam Milby is in it.

Sam Milby has honed his craft and he is extra hot, hot, hot in this movie.

There are light moments, but there are lots of heartstrings pulled.

Yassi Pressman is not only beautiful, but she also acts well.  She could be funny and she could also bring out any kind of emotion in her portrayal that she conveys to the viewers well.  She made us laugh, cry, get angry, confused and so much more in this movie alone.

Alonzo Muhlach is more than his father's son.  He has a style of his own and he acts more than well. 

CANDY PANGILINAN is just so wonderful.  Need I say more?

Sam Pinto is believable as the very protective mother and chef.

Kim Molina and Cholo Barretto have good onscreen chemistry(just like in LUCK AT FIRST SIGHT). I can say the same for Jourdanne Castillo and Bob Jbeili.

There were great cameos too and one that made a mark was Empoy Marquez's short, but sweet role. Cindy Miranda did well too.

You cannot discount Al Tantay's effectiveness as Trina's dad and Francine Prieto as Trina's mom. Francine actually looks similar to Yassi, so... ;-)

Sigh.

I know it's already the eighth day of this movie, but I hope more people would get to see this film.

I like the writing style of Mr. Payawal and his direction too.  I want to watch more movies written and directed by him in the future.

:-)

Kudos to everyone involved in this film.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)