Crimson Peak (2015) R16



Jessica Chastain(Lady Lucille Sharpe), Tom Hiddleston(Sir Thomas Sharpe, Baronet), Mia Wasikowska(Miss Edith Cushing) and Charlie Hunnam(Dr. Alan McMichael, Opthalmologist)

From The Hollywood Reporter
Directed by: Guillermo del Toro
Written by: Guillermo del Toro and Matthew Robbins

The weather was gloomy because Typhoon Koppu known locally as Lando was raging mad and one of the transformers in our village short circuited or something.  I don't exactly know what happened, but there was a power outage in our area.  We waited for my brother's family to arrive then the three of us, my folks and I, went to the CommerCenter at Filinvest City in Alabang to see what was playing.  Crimson Peak was one of them.  Dad and I heard the review from CNN earlier so we chose it.  We were the first three to buy tickets for our time slot and there were about nine others who watched it with us. The others wanted it to be scarier, but we like Señor Del Toro's style,  even if it was predictable indeed.

Tom Hiddleston was convincing as the British Baronet and sexy even, but part of me was rooting for Charlie Hunnam. Jessica Chastain was good, but I like her better in Zero Down Thirty, The Help and Interstellar. Her actions here sort of gave away the family secret. Mia Wasikowska still had the innocence of Alice who revisited Wonderland, but had enough oomph to be sensually alluring as Edith, a Mary Shelley wannabe. 





Jim Beaver who plays Carter Cushing, Edith's father, is my favorite actor here.  He sort of reminds me of Kenny Rogers, Jeff Bridges and Kris Kristofersson, but he is in a class of his own.

Honestly, when the movie started I thought the Sharpes were vampires or zombies, but thankfully I was wrong.

The ghosts looked like something Tim Burton would conjure so I wasn't that scared and as I mentioned before, I like it better that way. My parents liked it better too. It had enough goth and the story, again I must say, although predictable, still had a lot things to be excited about.

Oh, may I mention that this is not a religious movie and it's not about exorcism? It's about a raconteur named Edith who wanted to be a famous writer.  Did she become one? What do you think? If you don't want to guess, just watch the movie. 😃



Why 'Crimson Peak' Is The Tom Hiddleston Movie All Hiddlestoners Need & Deserve


'Crimson Peak': Film Review from The Hollywood Reporter

Published through ABS-CBN mobile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)