Interstellar (2014) PG


This is a movie that is worth every centavo(or penny, whatever the case may be).  True, it could have been shorter, but hey, if you're a Christopher Nolan fan like me(I have written about his past movies, but somehow, I was not able to save them when Multiply.com went pfft...I thought I did, but I'm sadly mistaken...now I'd rather stay in awe...I hope one day I could write about them), you wouldn't mind the length. You would sit back, relax, then would try to analyze the scenes, then sit back, relax, then try to analyze the scenes. ;-)  I love movies that make you think, but also gives you moments joy and satisfaction.


For some weird reason, I was not able to see a trailer of this film until I already saw it.  At first I thought Mackenzie Foy was going to morph into Anne Hathaway, but as it turns out, she grew up to be Jessica Chastain.  I was also surprised to see that this movie has a power house (Or may I say, stellar?) cast besides Anne Hathaway and Matthew McConaughey:  Michael Caine, John Lithgow, the beautiful ladies aforementioned, Ellen Burstyn, Topher Grace, Wes Bentley and Matt Damon, plus very talented people who did justice to their supporting roles.

Except for disproving God, which would be fine to other viewers, but not me, this movie is almost perfect.  I say almost because I'm sure all those geeks out there would point out certain goofs.

I decided, unless it's so blatantly obvious(redundancy is intentional for proving a point), that I would try not mention goofs that much.  People who only notice goofs(even the minute details)...and I reiterate only, because sometimes we can't help but notice these things...don't have a life beyond movies!

The weaving of the story was almost seamless and while watching, me and my companions were totally engrossed...immersed even...with every scene.

Oh, you're going to love TARS. 

If you have not watched this movie yet, please do so.








Directed by 
Writing Credits  
Jonathan Nolan ... (written by) and
Christopher Nolan ... (written by)

CAST (From imdb


...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
TARS (voice)
...
CASE (voice)
...
NASA Board Member
...
Doctor
...
...
...
Nurse
...
Coop
...
NASA Inspector
...
Scientist
...
Farmer
...
Construction Boss
...
Smith
...
NASA Employee
...
NASA Scientist
...
Jenkins




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)