She's The One 2013

pinoy top sites



Falling in love with your best friend is very ideal, but I also believe that women and men can be friends without benefits...without malice.  There's the friendship of Saints Francis and Claire of Assisi and some modern day platonic relationships that last a lifetime.  I have my own best guy friend.  Yes, I did have a crush on him two(2) decades ago, but I've been over the feeling for ages.   Even  if we rarely see each other, he's still my best guy friend in the whole wide world, but if ever I do get married, he'll be my second best guy friend...of course!

Best relationships are still those that were born from friendship, but there are friendships that end when mixed with passion or strong love.

When SHE'S THE ONE's first trailer was shown on the big screen, at least to my knowledge, I felt like cringing.  Another best friend falls in love with his/her best friend story.  I've enjoyed a lot of those types of movies, but lately, I feel that my loving those types of films has reached a saturation point.

Still, it's a Bea Alonzo movie with Enrique Gil and Dingdong Dantes.  Pinky Amador is one of the supporting characters along with Maricar Reyes and the very talented young star, Liza Soberano, along with a lot of great talents, including kids.  I also learned that a girl with Down Syndrome is also included in the cast. 

There.

"Sold!"

A week ago, two of my closest friends celebrated their respective birthdays.   It's been a year...well, almost...since we have been complete, so we(Pia, Inggie, Lara and Eise a.k.a. PILE) were pretty psyched to see each other last weekend, meaning I wouldn't sing with my Saturday choir.  One of them wanted to watch it, so I said, "OK!"

Whew.

What can I say?

I enjoyed every minute. (more below)




At first I thought I would hate Enrique's role(David), but I was wrong.  He was very endearing, especially when he realized something.  

Liza Soberano was not Liza Soberano in this film.  She was Jillian, David's best friend.  She internalized the role so well.  Yes, it was a simple role, but she was able to portray it like a pro.  Kudos to you, Liza!

Dingdong Dantes and Bea Alonzo were very convincing.  Yes, we know they both have real off-screen partners, but during the whole duration of the film, they were Wacky and Cat...Best friends in love.

I love the story.

Maybe there's one flaw there or two, but I did not notice it or probably I just didn't care.

It's a wonderful movie worth watching again and again.


-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

The supporting cast is great: Perla Bautista as the Lola, Guji Lorenzana as Wacky's best friend, Mark Solis as the tactless friend et al.

Kudos to the cast and crew.

Vanessa R. Valdez, what can I say? You were always great, but you're getting better and better.

Congratulations Mae Czarina Cruz.  I will surely watch everything  else you direct.

Liza Soberano, I think you're more than just THE NEXT LEADING LADY.  You're going to be a big STAR.

Enrique Gil, Dingdong Dantes and Bea Alonzo, you definitely are shining stars.  May you reap lots and lots of awards.

Even you, Coleen Garcia and Daniel Matsunaga, did great...so did the laundry women and other supporting characters.

Cast
Directed byMae Cruz
Produced byCharo Santos-Concio
Malou N. Santos
Marivic B. Ong
Marizel Samson-Martinez
Vanessa R. Valdez
Written byVanessa R. Valdez
Roumella Niña L. Monge
Charlene Sawit-Esguerra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)