Claire and Francis (Chiara e Francesco) TV Movie 2007

pinoy top sites
Although based on true events, the writer and director added some "dramatic effects"
http://worldofsoundtrack.blogspot.com/2009/02/marco-frisina-chiara-e-francesco.html
St. Francis and St. Claire, for me, are the most popular saints in the whole world, next to the Blessed Virgin Mary.  More people know about them, I believe, than the 12 apostles + 1 or the silent foster father of Jesus, St. Joseph. 

Ever since I was a little girl, I thought I knew everything by heart already.  I even went to Assisi and saw the beautiful St. Claire.  I've read a lot of books, watched different versions of their lives, including BROTHER SUN, SISTER MOON.

Scene from Brother Sun, Sister Moon

When I was as a Born Again Christian, I even thought it was impossible for the two of them not to have more than a platonic or brotherly/sisterly love for each other.  I thought they just fought their feelings for the greater good of humankind like some nuns and priests who chose to faithfully serve our Lord.  Others were meaner.  They want to believe that the two of them brainwashed their followers, et cetera, et cetera, but the truth of the matter was that they were really an item.  Anyways, there are lots of proof that Saints Francis and Claire had a very pure love for each other without any thoughts of romance.

The movie centered on the life of St. Francis, from his arrogance, to his worldliness, to his conversion, to his simplicity, humility and how he affected the lives of people from all across Europe, Africa and Asia(at the least, the Middle East).  He was also very influential to St. Claire and impressed an enemy.

This TV movie first aired in 2007, but I was only able to watch this last Friday evening(October 11, 2013).  I did not even want to go because I thought it was another documentary.  Don't get me wrong.  I love watching documentaries because I learn a lot, but it was raining cats and dogs.  I had to walk to the parish center and I just had the flu about a week or so ago, but something inside me told me to go.

When I arrived a person said something that irked me so  I even thought to myself that my going there was a mistake that my evening there started on a sour note. "Why did I have to come?"

When they were "testing" the movie(In Focus projector and all),  I saw Ettore Bassi's comfortingly handsome face and that alone made me interested in watching the film.  Sigh.  

I must say that this is the best version ever. It's true.  They added some scenes to enhance it more visually and to appeal to our senses, but it was well researched.  

From the background music, to the dialogue, to the acting and to the entire ensemble, everyone was moved.

It's a pity that because of technical difficulties and a couple of short power outages we weren't able to finish the film there(I had to finish it online), but it was certainly worth our time. 

I agree with "itis4peace" when he wrote this: 
This video is the best interpretation of what was the life of Saint Francesco di Assisi (St. Francis) and Clara (Saint Clara). It is an Italian production with extraordinary Italian actors (credits at the end of the video). There are interpretations of St Francis' story, but I think this one is closer to what happened at that time in history. The Roman church serving as local officials, the crusades, conflicts and management, interests and politics, life, discrimination, crime, compassion, love, Faith.

I hope this video will be able to stay in the channel for you to enjoy the story of St. Francesco di Assisi and Santa Clara (St. Clare).

I'll try English caption for this video. I will let you know if I will be able to do it through cc. You then, just need to select cc. Let's see.

It is a beautiful story. Enjoy

 Peace be with you, always

Italian with Portuguese Subtitles

http://www.raitrade.it/presentSectionFile.do?language=en&sectionFile=582
Click to watch the English Version

The MOVIE in Italian: 

Part 1

Part 2
FROM WIKIPEDIA:
The first-known publication of the prayer was submitted anonymously to the French publication La Clochette in 1912.
Seigneur, faites de moi un instrument de votre paix.
Là où il y a de la haine, que je mette l'amour.
Là où il y a l'offense, que je mette le pardon.
Là où il y a la discorde, que je mette l'union.
Là où il y a l'erreur, que je mette la vérité.
Là où il y a le doute, que je mette la foi.
Là où il y a le désespoir, que je mette l'espérance.
Là où il y a les ténèbres, que je mette votre lumière.
Là où il y a la tristesse, que je mette la joie.
Ô Maître, que je ne cherche pas tant à être consolé qu'à consoler,
à être compris qu'à comprendre,
à être aimé qu'à aimer,
car c'est en donnant qu'on reçoit,
c'est en s'oubliant qu'on trouve, c'est en pardonnant qu'on est pardonné,
c'est en mourant qu'on ressuscite à l'éternelle vie.
One of the numerous English translations[2] of the Prayer is reproduced below:
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Links about the Prayer of St. Francis:

http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Sancti/SFranciscusAssisiensis/PrayerofSF.html
http://morechrist.blogspot.com/2011/08/prayer-of-st-francis.html


Ryan Cayabyab's lyrics were questioned by Italians, but he translated it that way because of the reason that San Francesco was praying to an Almighty God and even if God is a friend,  he talks to HIM with utmost respect

TRADITIONAL ITALIAN LYRICS
O Signore, fa' di me uno strumento della tua pace. Dov'è odio, che io porti l'amore.
Dov'è offesa, che io porti il perdono. Dov'è discordia, che io porti l'unione.
Dov'è errore, che lo porti la verità. Dov'è disperazione, che io porti la speranza.
Dov'è tristezza, che io porti la gioia. Dove sono le tenebre, che io porti la luce. Signore,fa' che io non cerchi tanto
di essere consolato, quanto di consolare-; di essere compreso, quanto di comprendere; di essere amato, quanto di amare.
Poiché è donando che si riceve; è perdonando che si è perdonati;
è morendo che si risuscita a vita eterna.

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)