Playing for Keeps (2012)

Long past his soccer-playing heyday, George Dryer (Gerard Butler) is struggling financially and failing in his attempt to reconcile with his ex-wife, Stacie (Jessica Biel), and young son, Lewis (Noah Lomax). When Lewis' soccer team has an opening for a coach, George steps up. Not only is George a big hit with the children, but he also attracts lots of attention from some of the players' single and unhappily married mothers (Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones).
Release date13 February 2013 (Philippines)


Judging from the poster it's easy to see who George would end up with. NOAH LOMAX is a good actor and I hope he hones his craft so he could be a bankable star one day.  I am just disappointed because GERARD BUTLER is one of my favourites...a crush even.  His co-stars are great actors and some of the most beautiful(and handsome) in the industry.  The material could have been better.  Instead, it was close to being sleazy.  Well, that's just an observation.  I am not saying I could do better than that.

This movie is definitely NOT for kids even if there are lots of kids in the movie.

That's all I have to say.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)