Baby Driver (2017) R-13

Hey, Buddy! Why aren't you looking at Darling?  I thought she was your world?  How come you are looking at Jeremy Renner?  J/K
#JeremyRennerThePhotobomber
The main cast of BABY DRIVER:
Kevin Spacey, Ansel Elgort, Lily James, Jamie Foxx, Eiza Gonzalez, Jon Hamm, CJ Jones and Jon Bernthal
Written and Directed by Edgar Wright
Music Composed by Steven Price


Talented getaway driver Baby (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. After meeting the woman (Lily James) of his dreams, he sees a chance to ditch his shady lifestyle and make a clean break. Coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), Baby must face the music as a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.-WWW

Ultimately, crime does not benefit the criminal, and only results in negative cons quences. The billboards are designed as reminders that even minor fraud convictions carry serious consequences—crime doesn't pay.-Farlex Dictionary of Idioms
 Hmmm...What made me think that this is a lighter version of crime sort of movie?  There's no such thing.  The lighter side of crime, I mean.  They tried to lighten things up via sitcoms and the like, but crime is never light and it keeps you in bondage.

Being in bondage is something I know of.  No.  I may not have committed crimes as gruesome as Bats, Darling and Buddy in this story, but I did pledge something for Africa and a Pastor tried to talk to me out of it, but I stood firm.  The amount was peanuts for me, so I thought(PhP500.00 in 1987 is a big deal).  If I did not leave, maybe, just maybe I would have kept my end of the bargain, but I left "them" that very year.  Poor people in Africa... :-(  Yes, siree!  I know what being in bondage means.  I won't dare to expound.

Nevertheless, this is a beautiful movie because of Baby's inner traits.  Before ending his life of crime(or trying to end it), he was already struggling with his inner turmoils...He was looking forward to the day when he would start over.

I like the ending and the penultimate scenes.  Those scenes had to happen.  They surely did and I'm glad they did.

From Ansel Elgort to Kevin Spacey, to Jon Hamm, to Lily James, to Eiza González, to CJ Jones, to little Brogan Hall, to everyone else(actors) involved in this film, you are all naturals that it seemed like we were there experiencing everything with you all.

I like the way Edgar Wright wrote and directed this, so I'll say what I always say if I like or love what I watched:  Kudos to everyone involved in this film.  Kudos to the cast and crew!  

The experts' take:


:-(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)