My Ex and Whys (2017) PG (on its third week and still making money)


What is it with me and South Korea?  I was just simply fascinated with "her" since my first transit there ages ago.  The first Korean thing I learned to cook was their barbecue then I learned to cook their pancakes and their Korean Beef plus so much more.

I have been studying the language on and off(most especially when my almost deaf eomma/mommy/mater started to mostly depend on subtitles, she got hooked with Koreanovelas), but unlike those I have been using since I was a little girl(English, Filipino(Tagalog, Cebuano, Hiligaynon), German and Spanish), it takes long for me to study any language(I know bits and pieces of Pangasinense, Ilocano, Kapampangan, Bahasa(both Indonesian and Malaysian), Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Nihonggo, Portuguese, Dutch/Flemish etc.), but right now, I am trying to get serious with it. Hangugeo jogeum halsu isseoyo(I can speak a little Korean)but hopefully I would get better in time.  ;-)

South Korea is a big part of the story.   Both Gio and Cali have been dreaming to go there, but something undesirable "happened", ending their love abruptly.

Years later they see each other again.

Shucks.

I saw a Bloggers Convention notice about this weeks too late.  It would have been fun to attend it, but it wasn't for me.

Mom and I wanted to watch this for ages, but daddy did not want to, so we "shelved" it.  My Bestie did not want to watch it and the others have already seen it.  I think they rushed to the nearest cinema or something.  I could have asked Jinkee, but I became too busy and she was busy as well.

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. There were LOTS of blessings, but there were a lot of sad news too, so mom and I cheered ourselves up by going to SM City BF and when we saw it was playing at a regular cinema, we were extra delighted.

We watched this for free, thanks to ePlus.

After watching this movie, we wouldn't have minded paying for it.  The story was beautiful and the acting was seamless.  

Everyone wanted to throw their shoes at Nina(Karen Reyes(that's how good she is)---wasn't this also the name of the McDonald's girl with Fred Montilla's brother, the very handsome Rudy Francisco?  Oh, it's Karen Delos Reyes, not Reyes) because she was such a sulsulera, but almost everyone applauded Jeff Tam who was quite a natural and sensible too as Daryl, the gay best friend.

Gio's family(all named after cars or____ LOL) all did well.  Master Pops was happy that even if all the brothers were sons of darkness......Gio was able to cross over into the light.  

This is more than a story about exes, it's also about misconstrued actions, begging for forgiveness(truly sorry), forgiving the ones that hurt you and owning up your mistakes.

I think if dad would have watched this he would love this too.

He would laugh and cry with Ryan Bang(he was so good here like how I loved the way he played the young Ariel Ureta in Kimmy Dora), I just know it.

At the end of the film, like what he said after watching ONE MORE TRY, he would say, "It's world class!"

;-)

Kudos to the cast and crew plus everyone else involved in this film.


💜💜💜💜💜

MY EX AND WHYS (Cathy Garcia-Molina, 2017)-This has spoilers, but it's a good read.



A former playboy (Enrique Gil) tries to prove to his ex-girlfriend (Liza Soberano) that he is a changed man. (WWW) / It tells the story of Cali (Liza Soberano) a blogger who owns the blog, "The Bakit List", and her ex-boyfriend Gio (Enrique Gil). who will return to her life unexpectedly and surprisingly. Will love knock again for a second time? (Wikipedia)

Release date: February 15, 2017(Philippines)/February 17, 2017 (USA)
Director: Cathy Garcia-Molina
Production company: Star Cinema
Screenplay: Cathy Garcia-Molina

CAST

Main
Liza Soberano as Calista "Cali" Ferrer
Enrique Gil as Sergio "Gio" Martinez

Supporting cast
Joey Marquez as Master Pops
Cai Cortez as the Auntie that is always in love
Arlene Muhlach as Cali's Aunt who loves them and made them stay in her home
Ara Mina as Cali's Mother
Ryan Bang as Lee
Joross Gamboa as Mustang
Jeff Tam as Daryl
Karen Reyes as Nina
Neil Coleta as Patrick
Dominic Roque as Jaguar
Hyubs Azarcon as Kia
Xander Gallego as Ford
Emilio Garcia as Calisto, Cali's Father

Special participation
Diego Loyzaga as Guy Customer
Sofia Andres as Lady Customer

Cameo appearances
Sandara Park  plus a whole lot of stars---you just have to pay attention

#lizquen
#lizasoberano
#enriquegil
#karenreyes
#jefftam
#neilcoleta
#emiliogarcia
#aramina
#arlenemuhlach
#ryanbang
#joeymarquez
#jorossgamboa
#dominicroque
#hyubsazarcon
#caicortez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)