LOGAN (2017) R-16



LOGAN, though very violent, is one of the best movies I have seen in my whole life.  There was no dull moment and it was very beautiful.  The story and direction by Mr. James Mangold is almost seamless. 

Hugh Jackman's acting, as well as the rest of the troop, was very convincing.  I think he should be nominated for Best Actor in ALL the award giving bodies world wide.  Am I exaggerating or what?  Anyways, that's what I think.

It was hard seeing Prof. X that way, but my goodness, he was playing the role of a strong-minded nonagenarian and he was good at it.

Eriq La Salle(of ER fame)'s role was short, but very, very vital.  


Laura Kinney/X-23
In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives,  being pursued by dark forces.
Release date: March 3, 2017 (USA)
Direction and Story: James Mangold
Film series: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Film Series
Music composed by: Marco Beltrami


Dafne Keen's eyes are fierce.  She is a mixture of Kendall Jenner(as noted by a neighbor) and Lukas Haas(as one reviewer noticed).  While watching her character, Laura, kill all those "bad guys" made me wonder if she was briefed and debriefed after every scene, along with every child actor.  It's a must in Hollywood to have a child psychologist present(or is that for big movie outfits only?), so I am certain that all kids were guided.  I was too dizzy to read everything after the movie ended.

She's really a great actor and I must say that I believe she would have more projects after this one.  This is her first full length feature film, but she was one of the stars of Refugees for one year. Acting is in her blood.  Her father is Will Keen and her mother is Maria Fernandez-Ache, who is a writer and a director.

Inasmuch as I want to describe every character and actor who is in this movie, I would rather end this "here".  This is a must see and you may watch this more than once.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)